Campfire Audio New IEM release
May 14, 2020 at 2:30 AM Post #16 of 1,217
I feel so bummed just purchased the OG Solaris two days ago they are on there way to me now.
And the value just feel also if I wanted to sell them to purchase the new version.
I suppose it just the name of the game in this hobby.
The new Solaris look awesome can’t wait for reviews.
Congratulations ken

May 14, 2020 at 2:38 AM Post #17 of 1,217
I feel so bummed just purchased the OG Solaris two days ago they are on there way to me now.
And the value just feel also if I wanted to sell them to purchase the new version.
Congratulations ken

Could you return them?

May 14, 2020 at 2:50 AM Post #19 of 1,217
I‘m in the same boat since I‘ve ordered Solaris SE a couple of days ago from distributor. They were not in stock/on backorder, so they were ordered from CA just for me.
Now there is the Solaris 2020 with (almost) the same guts of SE and smaller shell. Since @KB stated that it sounds a lot like SE the smaller shell could make a big difference comfortwise. TBH I don’t care about the abalone faceplate/look, so the new version appeals me a lot.

May 14, 2020 at 2:59 AM Post #20 of 1,217
Unfortunately not by the looks of it 🤦🏻‍♂️😢
I‘m in the same boat since I‘ve ordered Solaris SE a couple of days ago from distributor. They were not in stock/on backorder, so they were ordered from CA just for me.
Now there is the Solaris 2020 with (almost) the same guts of SE and smaller shell. Since @KB stated that it sounds a lot like SE the smaller shell could make a big difference comfortwise. TBH I don’t care about the abalone faceplate/look, so the new version appeals me a lot.

I know Campfire Audio allows returns, you should both check about that if it's something you want to do. Not trying to rob KB of his business, big fan of CA IEMs, but if they offer a return policy, you should use it.

May 14, 2020 at 3:06 AM Post #21 of 1,217
I‘ve ordered at Headphone Company, so unfortunately CA return policy doesn’t apply here.

May 14, 2020 at 4:05 AM Post #23 of 1,217

If you can't see the embedded video above, please click here.

Campfire Audio Andromeda 2020, Ara, and Solaris 2020 - Head-Fi TV

We chat with Ken Ball and Caleb Rosenau of Campfire Audio about their three new IEMs just announced: The Campfire Audio Andromeda 2020, Ara, and Solaris 2020. They give an overview of their new in-ears, what's inside and behind them, and we also take a look at measurements (on both the new Brüel & Kjær 5128 and GRAS 45CA measurement fixtures).

The measurements in this video were made using:

May 14, 2020 at 4:47 AM Post #25 of 1,217
I sold my Andromeda the other day to buy the Hugo TT2, but I'm definitely interested in the Solaris 2020 now!

May 14, 2020 at 4:48 AM Post #26 of 1,217
I still haven’t had the chance to hear any of Campfire’s offerings, but their move to the new tubeless design is really nice to see. It’s quite similar to what JH Audio did with the new AEON series. Hoping to get a chance to have a listen to these, especially the Ara and the new Solaris, I’ve never had any fit issues with the IER-Z1R because of just just my ears are, especially considering I still own the original JH Audio Layla which is MASSIVE.
But yeah, I’m pretty impressed with how much smaller they were able to make the Solaris.
Kudos to the engineering team!

May 14, 2020 at 6:28 AM Post #27 of 1,217
Congratulations ken

the OG Solaris is a classic. I will never sell mine...I think you'll be really happy with them!

May 14, 2020 at 6:56 AM Post #28 of 1,217
I‘ve ordered at Headphone Company, so unfortunately CA return policy doesn’t apply here.
I received my Solaris SE set on Monday and only have about 8 hrs listening in so far, but I think you'll be really pleased with your OG. One of the greatest aspects of them is an immense sound stage and great imaging... the 2020s, with a smaller body, might not be so great in that regard. Ken says they maintained it, but we'll have to see. Personally, I think I'm keeping my SE set to the grave. (hopefully,a long way off :))

May 14, 2020 at 7:22 AM Post #29 of 1,217
I received my Solaris SE set on Monday and only have about 8 hrs listening in so far, but I think you'll be really pleased with your OG. One of the greatest aspects of them is an immense sound stage and great imaging... the 2020s, with a smaller body, might not be so great in that regard. Ken says they maintained it, but we'll have to see. Personally, I think I'm keeping my SE set to the grave. (hopefully,a long way off :))

I had the OG Gold Solaris and now the SE. OG were too large for my ears, I have no such issues with the SE. Especially with my CustomArt sleeves.

I think that the SE are amazing design-wise. I am yet to come across a better looking IEM.

Not to mention I have been enamoured with their sound signature since day 1.

Last edited:
May 14, 2020 at 7:23 AM Post #30 of 1,217
Personally for me "performance" is the main aspect what I'm chasing after, but not at any price! If the Solaris 2020 with a smaller body performs almost the same like the SE and I can save some money, I'm in. I don't buy or keep stuff for being "limited" or "special", hoping that it will give me some extra money in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back