Campfire Audio New IEM release
Jul 25, 2022 at 1:28 PM Post #946 of 1,221
Thanks to a good friend, I should be receiving a demo of the Pathfinder tmw - eager to compare it to my Solaris LE and more generally soak in the sound...the couple of reviews I've read have been very faviorable.

Jul 25, 2022 at 1:49 PM Post #947 of 1,221
What happened to these puppies?

Yeah, suddenly it became silent around these?

Rescheduled to early August.

As Andrew stated, they were rescheduled - nothing to be too concerned about.

Thanks to a good friend, I should be receiving a demo of the Pathfinder tmw - eager to compare it to my Solaris LE and more generally soak in the sound...the couple of reviews I've read have been very faviorable.

Look forward to your thoughts on Pathfinder!

Jul 26, 2022 at 5:05 PM Post #948 of 1,221
Received a demo of the Pathfinders earlier today and have a couple of hours of ear time, so figured I would share very early impressions.

Overall, I think these are quite good. Compared to my Solaris SE (flower edition), I would say:
-sub-bass has much more rumble and impact, which I love; they are not "bassy" IEMs by any means, but the sub-bass hits when called upon; seems well controlled - I'm not noticing much bleed into mids (if any)
-the mid-bass and lower mids are quite linear, but again, no bleed
-vocals have great texture and clarity
-where I'm struggling a bit so far is upper mids/lower treble (which is a problem area for me in general - I'm very sensitive to roughly the 5k-8k regio); i'm hearing some sibilance ("S" and "Ch" in particular) and general spiciness with instruments like cymbols/high hats
-soundstage is fantastic - on par with the SE, very enveloping

I've tried 6 different tips so far; Sedna EarFits are my preferred overall, but still present the sibilance issue. Campfire marshallow foams attentuated the sibilance best, but I don't like what they're doing to the rest of the signature - too muffled. also tried Earfit shorts, Symbio W, Final Type E, and Xelastics.

I've give these a few more hours of ear time befoe putting a final stamp on them, but if you're interested in a "spicier" Solaris (or you aren't particularly sensitive to ~5-8k) that comes with more sub-bass rumble along with the signature Solaris soundstage width, they may be worth a demo.

Couple more things I'd say:
-fit is great - these are much smalller than the OG Solaris (which is the same as the Solaris LE I have); probably closer to the Solaris 2020 (although I don't have them on hand to compare directly)
-the cable is very supple and has great ergonomics, largely because of its flat "ribbon" shape

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2022 at 4:46 AM Post #949 of 1,221
Hi
I would like to ask you for help. I have andromede og and wanted to change it to another IEM. I bought an ibasso dx320 which has an output impedance of 0.38 Ω. More bass came. I thought that maybe it would be worth buying a really good cable for it and getting the best out of the Andromeda and not buying another iem. At the moment, I have the ibasso cb 13 cable connected.
I was thinking about 64 u12t audio.
You can ask for some cable suggestions, if there is any point in updating them.
Regards

Aug 1, 2022 at 5:34 PM Post #950 of 1,221
Hi
I would like to ask you for help. I have andromede og and wanted to change it to another IEM. I bought an ibasso dx320 which has an output impedance of 0.38 Ω. More bass came. I thought that maybe it would be worth buying a really good cable for it and getting the best out of the Andromeda and not buying another iem. At the moment, I have the ibasso cb 13 cable connected.
I was thinking about 64 u12t audio.
You can ask for some cable suggestions, if there is any point in updating them.
Regards
Do you listen to bass heavy music?
There's hybrids like the Moondrop Variations and the ISN EST50 which are under 1000USD and better for this application. You can hang on to your Andro OG's for other types of music. No cable or output impedance tricks will change the FR THAT much. I'd stay away from Harmon sub shelf tuning if you're wanting actual bass; there's honestly not much music which primarily drives these regions, most pop music is mid bass.

If your budget is even lower just get an ISN H40 for 199.

You'll have both a legend and a bass monster for other genres and not have to sacrifice either.

Aug 5, 2022 at 11:45 AM Post #952 of 1,221
i'm ready for a new set of IEMs. do I wait for Trifecta to be released and reviewed or spring for Legend EVO?!
EVO is very good and quite addictive whereas trifecta is getting a lukewarm reception. What sort of signature are you looking for? The graph of the trifecta looks a lot more traditionally “balanced” than the EVO one.

Aug 5, 2022 at 11:49 AM Post #953 of 1,221
i've never owned an EE before, but I've had so many CFAs IEMs (Andromeda, Vega, Solaris SE, Equinox), so very curious to test out what seems to be an engaging bass-heavy offering from EE. i listen to everything, but definitely a lot of electronic music.

i suffer from "if it's newer, it must be better" and that's why the Trifecta has my attention. but the weird roll-out and lack of reviews are giving me pause. you may have just convinced me to go with the Legend EVO :)

Aug 5, 2022 at 11:56 AM Post #954 of 1,221
i've never owned an EE before, but I've had so many CFAs IEMs (Andromeda, Vega, Solaris SE, Equinox), so very curious to test out what seems to be an engaging bass-heavy offering from EE. i listen to everything, but definitely a lot of electronic music.

i suffer from "if it's newer, it must be better" and that's why the Trifecta has my attention. but the weird roll-out and lack of reviews are giving me pause. you may have just convinced me to go with the Legend EVO :)

EVOs bass is unparalleled in everything I’ve tried and it’s awesome for electronic music. I would recommend a cable upgrade however as the supplies Genesis really didn’t do it justice for me.

Aug 5, 2022 at 12:09 PM Post #955 of 1,221
i'm ready for a new set of IEMs. do I wait for Trifecta to be released and reviewed or spring for Legend EVO?!

EVO is very good and quite addictive whereas trifecta is getting a lukewarm reception. What sort of signature are you looking for? The graph of the trifecta looks a lot more traditionally “balanced” than the EVO one.

I would wait for the Trifecta, and then make your decision after you get some solid time with it. We already know how much fun the Legend EVO is :)

Aug 5, 2022 at 12:34 PM Post #956 of 1,221
Was the Trifecta Graph released? I don’t seem to remember seeing one.

Aug 5, 2022 at 2:54 PM Post #959 of 1,221
I saw one posted on HF somewhere. Looked solid.
I found it!!!

I'll add it to my squig link on Monday but here's the frequency response for the Campfire Audio Trifecta:

Trifecta.jpg
I haven't heard the Supermoon yet but this is definitely the best Campfire Audio IEM I've ever listened to.
Definitely looks promising!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back