Campfire Audio Chromatic Series
May 10, 2024 at 1:38 AM Post #466 of 470
Do all of the Chromatic Series use the same exterior shell dimensions? Recently tried Bonneville and the fit was great for me. Just curious if that would apply across the line. While I don't think I'll be springing for a Bonneville any time soon, Cascara might be fun for my work desk.

The only minor difference is the overall depth of the shells varies very slightly due to the different size requirements of the internal components. But overall I find they all feel almost exactly the same once they are in the ear.

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
May 20, 2024 at 5:10 PM Post #467 of 470
Bonneville being anemic is certainly strange. My set has a wide, powerful, all-encompassing, mid-bass/lower mid presence. I think campfire dips the mid-mids to compensate, with a steeper rise to upper-mids. But I'm not sure this is a suck-out. I listen to a lot of rock on the Cascaras, for example, and mid instruments and vocals sound vivid and clear. Yes not meaty, which perhaps you like, but I would never say anemic. Wondering where you heard these sets?
I had a pretty good honeymoon with Bonnevilles. They have the absolutely best fit of any - and I mean any other unversal I've had my ears. This gives it supreme comfort (for me) and of course an outstanding seal. The bass is bombastic but somehow not overdone with no bleed to the mids which are exquisite. BUT the more I listen to tracks I'm very familiar with, I really have to struggle and concentrate to hear cymbals, tambourines and other treble notes I know are there and present themselves [much] more forward and prominently in the soundscape of every other IEM I've got. From this persepctive, I'd have agree with you, the Bonnevilles are anaemic and the recessed treble response just leaves me wanting... Every other aspect of this IEM is so well done that I can't believe the treble is so veiled and recessed. I really believe I've got a defective unit I've written to CA 3 times, even members of the trade, who on this forum have invited PMs, if it's possible, I have a defect. Not once have I gotten an answer or even acknowledgement of my correspondence.

I'd love to hear from others who have the Bonneville if they also find treble, in particular cymbals, high hats, etc pulled back or if they sit in the mix where they are supposed to.

Last edited:
May 20, 2024 at 5:17 PM Post #468 of 470
I had a pretty good honeymoon with Bonnevilles. They have the absolutely best fit of any - and I mean any other unversal I've had my ears. This gives it supreme comfort (for me) and of course an outstanding seal. The bass is bombastic but somehow not overdone with no bleed to the mids which are exquisite. BUT the more I listen to tracks I'm very familiar with, I really have to struggle and concentrate to hear cymbals, tambourines and other treble notes I know are there and present themselves [much] more forward and prominently in the soundscape of every other IEM I've got. From this persepctive, I'd have agree with you, the Bonnevilles are anaemic and the recessed treble response just leaves me wanting... Every other aspect of this IEM is so well done that I can't believe the treble is so veiled and recessed. I really believe I've got a defective unit I've written to CA 3 times, even members of the trade, who on this forum have invited PMs, if it's possible, I have a defect. Not once have I gotten an answer or even acknowledgement of my correspondence.

I'd love to hear from others who have the Bonneville if they also find treble, in particular cymbals, high hats, etc pulled back or if they sit in the mix where they are supposed to.

Hi! This is very strange, it sounds like your emails may not be getting through for some reason. Would you please PM me your email address so I can email you directly from our support channel? We're happy to take a look at these and make sure they are performing accurately.

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
May 20, 2024 at 6:55 PM Post #469 of 470

You're bonneville is definitely defective. They're one of the sparkliest CFA IEM's on the historical lineup

May 20, 2024 at 7:53 PM Post #470 of 470
You're bonneville is definitely defective. They're one of the sparkliest CFA IEM's on the historical lineup
Thanks for that ... As I suspected .... I've been in correspondence with Chris and they are going in for a check up tomorrow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back