Campfire Audio Chromatic Series
Jan 5, 2024 at 8:35 AM Post #346 of 462
Happy Friday everyone…bit late to the party but these came through earlier just in time for the weekend. Minimal time with them so far but initial impressions have me giddy.

7D4D5C86-678E-405F-950B-4640C539C62A.jpeg

Jan 5, 2024 at 7:06 PM Post #347 of 462
Don't sleep on the Cascara either. That and the SR35 come to just over $1k and is currently one of the best value propositions out there at the moment...my little pocket rocket lol. The SR35 is a stunningly great sounding player that has great battery life to boot. The Cascara might be the best bang-for-buck IEM on the market right now imho.
There's something about the tuning of the Cascara that just works so well. It never falters. Maybe not the most revealing but it's the most consistently pleasing IEM I have ever owned. Again, no matter what I throw at it. You guys have me super tempted to try the SR35 for my mobile needs...

Jan 5, 2024 at 7:18 PM Post #348 of 462
I have Trifecta, Supermoon and Bonneville plus the original Solaris, Andromeda and Atlas.

I never intended to be a fan boy but it kind of crept up on me

+1

They are my favorite brand and have been for a while. I’ve wandered from one end of the IEM landscape to the other and time & time I keep coming back to Campfire. Their IEMs consistently hit the spot for me in a way that few others seem to.

There's something about the tuning of the Cascara that just works so well. It never falters. Maybe not the most revealing but it's the most consistently pleasing IEM I have ever owned. Again, no matter what I throw at it. You guys have me super tempted to try the SR35 for my mobile needs...

You can’t go wrong. I’ve heard it sounds great with Ronin too.

Jan 5, 2024 at 7:26 PM Post #349 of 462
They are my favorite brand and have been for a while. I’ve wandered from one end of the IEM landscape to the other and time & time I keep coming back to Campfire. Their IEMs consistently hit the spot for me in a way that few others seem to.
I feel this. The only pieces of gear I’ve regretted selling off have been Campfire IEMs. I still very much miss my Solaris. Trifecta is in a category of its own, and I don’t think I could ever get rid of it. I love that they have fun tunings. They consistently produce some of the most beautiful IEMs. I’ll admit that I’m a fanboy of theirs.

Jan 5, 2024 at 7:29 PM Post #350 of 462
As I posted earlier, the Cascara with the Shure TW2 have become my go to TWS set. On most dog walks. And on a lot of just general outings. With the ambient noise passthrough of the TW2 which is better than a lot of true TWS I have used, they are a sleek and solid package on the go anywhere. If I was a retailer, I would bundle the Shure TW2 with select MMCX IEM at various price points, and I'd choose the Cascara for the $500 price point. If you like music on the go, this is a really really good solution.

I got back from walking my dog for 40 minutes about an hour ago. I'm sitting here with the Cascara in my ears still exploring new music while I browse the web reading stuff.

I do feel the Cascara were a great bang for buck purchase at $499. They make me happier than my IE600 did that is for sure.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2024 at 10:35 AM Post #351 of 462
+1

You can’t go wrong. I’ve heard it sounds great with Ronin too.
Oof. Now you're just toying with me... :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Jan 6, 2024 at 9:16 PM Post #354 of 462
After reading so many comments on Cascara, I am super tempted to get 1 :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:
Someone is selling a set in the classifieds. I think November and December already blew my 2024 budget or I’d have already bought them. It’s funny how the lowest budget part of the line is getting so much buzz. It might just be that blue is the best color of the lot.

Jan 6, 2024 at 9:21 PM Post #355 of 462
It’s so reassuring to read something like this. I keep thinking I should branch out and learn more about IEMs and other brands. And maybe someday I will. But not today.

Jan 6, 2024 at 11:12 PM Post #356 of 462
I'm curious for those who have the cascara and have heard numerous other quality IEMS. What would be the few words you would use the characterize the soundstage? I have a few in mind but I'd love to hear some other input without bias.

Jan 7, 2024 at 5:15 AM Post #357 of 462
About 8hours listening with the Bonneville over the past 2 days. What an absolute joy to listen to, I’m genuinely overwhelmed with how great these are. Initial impressions were good but it took a few sessions for me to fully comprehend everything they were offering. At first I was floored by the volume, control and quality of the bass, then the detail and wonderful timbre of the midrange, then the airy presentation up-top. When it all came together I’m not embarrassed to say I had quite an emotional reaction - this is what I've been searching for!

Some notes I took while listening, in no particular order;
  • Lively, musical, captivating, immersive
  • Warm, textured, full sound and yet airy, huge soundstage
  • Incredible balance, coherence across the board
  • Detail, texture, timbre of the midrange is particularly intoxicating
  • Substantial, impactful bass that is never overwhelming or bloated, always controlled
For context, I have numerous other IEM’s in the 1.5k-2k range and the Bonnevilles are a significant upgrade on all of them. I think this makes them incredible value for money. Lastly, I love the unit design, a beautiful hybrid of organic and technical lines, which in many ways aligns well with its sound.

P1077036.jpeg

P1066839.jpeg

P1066916.jpeg

P1066846.jpeg

P1066994-Edit.jpeg

Lastly, I bought these blind on the strength of the thoughtful impressions left here. So my thanks to each of you, and in particular @Rockwell75 for the particularly detailed write ups and comparisons. I'm really grateful for the efforts!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back