Campfire Audio Andromeda or Massdrop x Noble Kaiser 10
May 8, 2018 at 1:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

David Reeves

New Head-Fier
So I have been thinking about adding a (semi) high-end BA IEM to my collection. I am torn between the CA Andromeda which seems to receive universal praise and the Massdrop x Noble Kaiser 10 which also has good reviews and is available for 899 on MD right now. The Noble is less expensive at this price, and seems to regularly cost almost double that amount if you buy it new. The Andromeda is $1099. I love CA products, I love the personality and charm of their pieces and I currently own two of their IEMs and previously owned a third. I have never heard a Noble IEM, but from what I have gathered they are excellent and most likely surpass what the Andromeda is capable of. So this is my question, would I be foolish to pass on the Kaiser to get the Andromeda?

Can anyone who has heard both IEM's summarize the differences or offer some insight. I know it is very dependent on what kind of music you are interested in listening to and what your taste in sound is, but I'd still be interested in any personal experiences you would share or recommendations you might have.

Thanks!

May 9, 2018 at 3:27 PM Post #2 of 7
The kaiser 10 they have on massdrop is the old one that they have stopped selling. Good value still I guess.

The Andromedas are very sensitive. But they are very fun to listen to.

In my opinion, you would not be foolish to pass on the k10. Lol.

I have the encore, which is the updated version of k10. And I prefer listening with Andro.

May 9, 2018 at 5:04 PM Post #3 of 7
I was going to join that drop after positive experience with the Noble savant. I was able to try the Andromeda at Canjam and bought it same day from the booth. It's hard to beat the Andro for $1k.

I'd like to demo the K10 one of these days though.

May 10, 2018 at 1:41 AM Post #4 of 7
The kaiser 10 they have on massdrop is the old one that they have stopped selling. Good value still I guess.

The Andromedas are very sensitive. But they are very fun to listen to.

In my opinion, you would not be foolish to pass on the k10. Lol.

I have the encore, which is the updated version of k10. And I prefer listening with Andro.

Thanks for the response. Can you elaborate a little more on why you prefer the andromedas?

May 10, 2018 at 10:12 PM Post #6 of 7
IDK if the Massdrop Kaiser Encores are the same as what I heard at CanJam SoCal 2017 but they are up there with the Andromeda’s. I would be hard pressed to pick one over the other as I felt at the time. Both are very good. 2 others I did like better were the Layla’s (2’s ?) and Tia Fourtes. The Layla’s were so smooth and musical and the Fourtes were all about detail with the musicality just awesome. For the money at that time the Andromeda’s would be a good pick the Encores a close second.

Jun 1, 2018 at 1:28 AM Post #7 of 7
I have thought about the Noble K10 on Massdrop as well, but I would like to wait for a deal on Andro instead. I think they are both good and similar to some extend, while I like the outlook of Andromeda better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back