Campfire Audio Andromeda cable question
Sep 30, 2018 at 5:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

melons

100+ Head-Fier
Hi

I've just ordered a pair of Andromeda's with their standard silver litz cable and an additional standard silver litz cable with 2.5mm TRRS as I'm going to be using them with an AK70 Mkii DAP.

In the many reviews I read prior to purchase, the standard supplied cable seemed pretty well regarded, however, one youtube Australian reviewer seemed pretty impressed with Campfire Audio's more expensive 'upgrade' cables whilst one review on head-fi mentioned trying several alternative (non CA) cables and not finding them any better.

I'd be grateful for experiences/opinions as in my very limited and exclusively Sennheiser experience I did find replacing the OE cables on both my IE80S iems and HD660S's with Forza cables brought noticeable benefits

t.i.a

Oct 1, 2018 at 8:34 AM Post #4 of 8
Thanks for the replies

They arrived an hour ago fitted with CA foam tips, listening to sections of some familiar and hard to play tracks all I can say is WOW!!!, can't believe some folk find the Andromedas base light

Very happy with these, just a shame that I can tell no one how much they cost :)

Oct 1, 2018 at 9:13 AM Post #5 of 8
Thanks for the replies

They arrived an hour ago fitted with CA foam tips, listening to sections of some familiar and hard to play tracks all I can say is WOW!!!, can't believe some folk find the Andromedas base light

Very happy with these, just a shame that I can tell no one how much they cost :)
Agreed. I wouldn't call them bass light in general. I think that much of the duscussion of Andro bass is in comparison to the Vega and Atlas. Which are bass monsters.

Oct 1, 2018 at 11:45 PM Post #6 of 8
The stock SPC litz cable will be sufficient to do the job but Ref 8 is a very good upgrade. Huge extension at the low and high. Impressed by this combination. Can try another combination from Effect Audio Eros II :)

Oct 16, 2018 at 2:11 PM Post #7 of 8
IMO, Forza silver + copper cable should be close to the Reference 8 cable as they have a similar construction

Thanks

The Forza also looks (to me) very similar to the Effect Audio Eros II cable, which I probably would have opted for as an upgrade over the Ref8 following recommendations on another thread if you hadn't enticed me to look deeper at the Specs. The Ref8 is £200 & the Eros II is £250 over here, I've emailed Matt @ Forza and to re-terminate my existing Forza Hybrid cable & redeliver it to me is just over £40.

I may one day try an EA Eros or Lionheart but as the cost is equivalent to an overseas long weekend vacation I'll audition first, maybe at the next London Canjam. In the meantime I'll be sending my Forza back for modification and then maybe selling the two Campfire cables I have (if there's a market for them).

Again, Thanks for the heads up :)

…..now to spend a fortune finding the best ear tips for the Andromeda's :/

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2021 at 8:29 AM Post #8 of 8
The stock cable is fine and there is much tuning to be had experimenting with tips which alter the sound signature to personal preference.

I upgraded to the super litz 2.5mm balanced. Whether it was the cable or balanced output I will never know. But was a noticeable improvement. I went into it not expecting any so was pleasantly surprised. Brighter, improved clarity (the andromeda’s can sound subtly muddy due to their signature especially with larger FA tips).
The ref 8 was a different price point. Super litz was good enough

Users who are viewing this thread

Back