Campfire Audio Andromeda 2020, Solaris 2020, and ARA - Combined Review and Comparison.
Jul 24, 2020 at 12:39 PM Post #17 of 23
I would assume 90s pop to sound more full and punchier with the Solaris because the Solaris has a balanced amount of bass and lower bass extension. Jazz and music and orchestral music with strings should sound great with both the Solaris and Andromeda 2020s
I would assume 90s pop to sound more full and punchier with the Solaris because the Solaris has a balanced amount of bass and lower bass extension. Jazz and music and orchestral music with strings should sound great with both the Solaris and Andromeda 2020s
Thank you so much for your response. What DAP would you recommend within a ~$1,000- $1500 range? Thanks again.

Jul 24, 2020 at 2:15 PM Post #21 of 23
Thank you so much for your response. What DAP would you recommend within a ~$1,000- $1500 range? Thanks again.

I can only recommend from the DAPs I've tried,

To buy new players,

-Fiio M15
Excellent DAP, gets a little hot but has a lot of driving power to drive high impedance headphones and IEMs. Has a extra circuitry mode too. The DAP feels like a desktop DAC squeezed into a small package.
Tuning is v-shaped (highs are a little bright). Has both 4.4mm pentacon and 2.5mm balanced sockets

-Lotoo PAW 6000
A great DAP with reference tuning, lighting fast OS and bootup/shut down time. Reference balanced tuning sounds a full and detailed. Instruments sound closer to your ears.
Both 4.4mm balanced and 3.5mm SE have the same output power with the 4.4mm having slightly wider and bigger soundstage.

For used players

-SP1000M
Little cousin to the bigger SP1000, a bit more warm sounding compared to SP1000 but has the same famous Astell&Kern smooth balanced tuning. For those who find the SP1000 too big for one hand to operate, the SP1000m will probably be better.

-SP1000
A very solid DAP, great for using IEMs with, has a smooth balanced tuning that is very fun to listen to without being too analytical. Noticeably more wider and deeper sound stage compared to the SP1000M.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2021 at 4:44 PM Post #23 of 23
Can anyone give a comparison of the Andromeda 2020 and the Dorado 2020 which are the same price?

Is there anything else around this price I should be considering. FWIW I'll be using an A&K Kann to drive them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back