Cambridge DACMagic, anyone? (THREAD II)
Jan 12, 2012 at 2:21 AM Post #616 of 645
Hi Guys,

Sorry for the newbie question.  I'm running the dacmagic with my headphone amp right now by using RCA.  I want to also connect the dacmagic to my receiver also by RCA.  Should i use a Y connector on the dacmagic in order to connect both the devices?

Thanks

Jan 13, 2012 at 3:50 PM Post #618 of 645

Quote:
You could do that.

...or you could use a pair of Neutrik NA2FPMF adapters (or any other female 3-pin XLR to female RCA adapter) into DacMagic's XLR outputs:

Thanks for the info.  I got those connectors and its working very wel.  Thanks!

Phil

Mar 15, 2012 at 7:35 AM Post #619 of 645
Hey guys!

Just a quick question. I want to connect my dacmagic to my laptop via optical or spdif, any way other than usb.

Could you tell me how can I do it? I've heard there are a few very expensive solutions such as Halide bridge but I was wondering is that only way around. For example I've got an uDac lying around with the purchase of DM and I am curious whether I can use it to do the job?

Mar 31, 2012 at 3:57 PM Post #620 of 645

Quote:
Hey guys!

Just a quick question. I want to connect my dacmagic to my laptop via optical or spdif, any way other than usb.

Could you tell me how can I do it? I've heard there are a few very expensive solutions such as Halide bridge but I was wondering is that only way around. For example I've got an uDac lying around with the purchase of DM and I am curious whether I can use it to do the job?

I'm using this with mine:

http://www.musicalfidelity.com/products/V-Series/V-LINK/v-link.asp

May 5, 2012 at 8:42 AM Post #621 of 645
Hi,

Anyone heard Burson 160 amp + Dac Magic combo ? Impressions ?

Thanks !

Nov 8, 2012 at 10:03 AM Post #624 of 645
If there are any S3/Note 2 owners with a DacMagic. Please could you check if the DM is compatible with the S3 or Note 2?

Originally Posted by K.I. Unlimited /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I searched a few of the DacMagic threads and Headfi, but nothing turned up.

Are there any detailed comparisons of the DacMagic's sound vs. other DACs, such as the Dacport?

Nothing detailed. However I know of at least one owner who preferred the sound of his DM over his Dacport:

"The DacMagic sounds much better than the Dacport. The Dacport is "boring", feels a bit flat and too laid back."

Dec 27, 2012 at 1:40 PM Post #625 of 645
The DacMagic can interwork with the Android-powered Samsung Galaxy S3:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/631855/galaxy-s3-and-ca-dacmagic-plus#post_8899779

Galaxy S3 > digital USB audio out >> USB OTG cable >> DacMagic >> amp >> headphones

Jan 11, 2014 at 8:48 AM Post #627 of 645
Hi!
I guess this tread is dead but I'll give it a shot anywho. I just got a hold of a used DM and I really looked forward trying it out after reading the entire Cambridge dacmagic tread here. The problem is that if I use usb inn and rca out I get a terrible distorted sound. So I made my own xlr->rca cables thinking it would work but got the same problem again. All the digital outputs works fine.
Does anyone know what may cause this distortion? It's pure agony not being able to use the balanced/unbalanced outputs.

Sorry for my bad english.

Regards from Norway. 

Jan 12, 2014 at 9:55 PM Post #629 of 645
hey guys,
I am thinking to get an DAC for my laptop. I will be using the DT 880 (250) headphone and a Schiit magni amp. Will the dacmagic be a good match to the setup? will it bring a warmer sound to my DT 880? I notice this DAC is considered old and I have seen newer Chinese dac with similar features with a lower price, for example, the Maverick Audio Tubemagic A1 (even the appearance..). How is it compared to the dacmagic?

Thanks

Jan 13, 2014 at 5:18 AM Post #630 of 645
I've never considered the DacMagic as a DAC to warm things up. I'd say it falls more into the bright camp. If you're needing a component that adds some warmth I'd look elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back