Cambridge DACMagic, anyone? (THREAD II)
Feb 14, 2011 at 11:46 AM Post #556 of 645
Getting to grips with the combination of G100, Dacmagic and the HD650. One thing I will say for sure. The hd650 is not boring or veiled with this setup. It's actually sounding very neutral, almost monitor like. I never know these phones were capable of this resolution and speed.

Feb 14, 2011 at 4:35 PM Post #557 of 645
Okey, my first weird reaction to the treble/bass balance seems to have been because my phase has been reversed. Clicking the phase button so that it reverses the phase brings out more weight to the music and especially to the bass. Apparently my amplifier either reverses phases or the Dacmagic was inverted as default. How does it sound to you guys if you switch phases?

Mar 22, 2011 at 4:08 PM Post #558 of 645
I have this connected to my pc via usb. Will i get better sound if i buy a digital coax cable and connect it to my computers sound card?

Also i was thinking of buying rca to xlr adapters so its ballanced. Will this be worth doing?

Mar 22, 2011 at 5:08 PM Post #559 of 645

Quote:
I have this connected to my pc via usb. Will i get better sound if i buy a digital coax cable and connect it to my computers sound card?

Also i was thinking of buying rca to xlr adapters so its ballanced. Will this be worth doing?

I found that when connected with optical or digital from my onboard to DM sounds worse than usb connection to DM. Perhaps with a dedicated card it would be better.
Going from RCA>XLR doesn't make it balanced. Its only balanced when both source and amp are balanced.

Apr 5, 2011 at 9:01 PM Post #563 of 645
"Crickets"

Apr 6, 2011 at 12:07 AM Post #564 of 645

Quote:
Anyone got any experience with this DAC and the Matrix M-stage?

I recently sold the M-Stage (along with my k701s) - just a consolidation move because I love my Beyers and the tubes on the LD MKIV - BUT...to answer the question - the DacMagic and M-Stage are a heavenly combo. Incredibly detailed, superb with AKGs - not sure of your phones but I loved the pair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back