Cambridge Audio DacMagic XS
Jun 7, 2016 at 6:13 PM Post #91 of 95
  I was just thinking of all the sets I'd sent back cos i didn't think they sounded as good as they were hyped up... if only i had this little DAC at the time :frowning2:

Dunu Dn2000s come to mind!

That's how I feel about the ZuperDAC. Pretty awesome dac for $75 (uses the ES9018K2M dac chip). My Titan1's, mdr100aap's and amperiors all sound really great off of it.

I see that the XS uses the ES9023 dac. That's pretty decent as well (my hifimediy u2 sabre dac uses it). 

But as we know, much comes down to implementation (and synergy with our other gear).

Anyway, it's nice to know that there are so many reasonably priced dacs out there now. I need to buy another one because I'm swapping my zuperdac between my phone and my laptop. I should just buy another zuperdac since I like it so much, but I should probably look around at other options as well.

Sep 13, 2016 at 4:57 PM Post #92 of 95
Hello to all,

been using my DM XS for a while now and am quite happy about it, but since I got FAD Heaven V IEMs  I started to notice a slight hissing even at the lowest volume settings.
Actual listening level with the above mentioned IEMs is about 5 clicks from the lowest. The hissing is really low, but once you hear it you notice it every time.
Is something wrong with the DAC or are the Heavens too sensitive?
Thanks for any advice

Oct 13, 2016 at 11:33 PM Post #93 of 95
Hate to say it but i think its something with your cans. Im using a XS with sennheiser momentum on ear cans. No hiss unless its a bit from the track it's self. One question for you is the hiss happening even when your music is paused?

Oct 16, 2016 at 6:47 AM Post #94 of 95
Yes, it's hissing even when the music is stopped. I think the reason might be the sensitivity an impedance of my IEMs...

If I connect DacMagic to amplifier and then plug the earphones, the hissing is undetectable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back