Cambridge 640Av2 with Beyer DT-880 32 Ohm?
Jan 30, 2007 at 12:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

8140david

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all,

Here is my current sound system:
Cambridge 640Av2 ampli + Cambridge 640Cv2 CD reader + Triangle Altea ESW speakers.
I am about to buy Beyer DT-880 32 Ohm headphones, in order to listen to music in various occasions: girlfriend tired, late at night, etc.
I will use these headphones a lot with my soundsystem in the leaving room, but I will also use them in other rooms, with my laptop or ipod, for instance when my girlfriend watches TV and I don't.
Hence the choice of the Beyer DT-880 32 Ohm.

Here is my question:
Does any one know about the quality of the headphone outlet on the Cambridge 640Av2?
Do you think it might be enough, or do I really need a dedicated headphone amp?
If so, which would you recommend? I would prefer to stay around 100 euros...
If I go for a dedicated amp, it will be cheaper to buy it together with the headphones, that's why I am asking
wink.gif

(And if you think I really MUST spend more, what would you recommend, given my source and ampli Cambridge 640?)

Jan 30, 2007 at 1:58 PM Post #2 of 2
im using a cambridge 540a myself and to be honest, i think the headout is quite decent. using a dedicated amp like a ppav2 does improve the sound but unless u have the $$$ to throw around IMO the cambridge will do u just fine till u either discover that u can appreciate better sound and/or develop a hardcore case of upgraditis. goodluck and have fun

Users who are viewing this thread

Back