Calling UE10 users!! exchange for UE-11??
Aug 2, 2007 at 11:29 PM Post #16 of 38
YESSS I am placing my order for the UE11Pro immediately!

I've had the UE5c for three and a half years now and I find them fabulous and, frankly, seemingly indestructible. I've thought a bout the UE10 but I feared that the bass would disappoint. Now the UE11Pro is the ticket!!! And the colors are amazing!!!!!!

Yes my Upgraditis is back!!!!! I got the fevah and I love it!!

Aug 2, 2007 at 11:35 PM Post #18 of 38
Here's hoping jude will post his impressions of the 11s soon.
biggrin.gif

Aug 2, 2007 at 11:42 PM Post #19 of 38
I don't know. I would have to hear them first. I already own UE-10's and E500's so I have my share of neutral and "full bodied" - although I feel the E500's are relatively flat as well. The UE-11 would have to kill both the 10's and 500's for me to get them. Even if they did, I would probably have to buy a separate pair as I really do love my 10's.

Aug 3, 2007 at 12:10 AM Post #21 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know. I would have to hear them first. I already own UE-10's and E500's so I have my share of neutral and "full bodied" - although I feel the E500's are relatively flat as well. The UE-11 would have to kill both the 10's and 500's for me to get them. Even if they did, I would probably have to buy a separate pair as I really do love my 10's.

could you perhaps give us your impressions of the 10's vs e500?

~$1400 for IEM's isn't a small amount of money
icon10.gif

Aug 3, 2007 at 1:10 AM Post #22 of 38
I'd upgrade with discount. But without, it's kinda hard to justify using that kind of money given my setup.

Single Driver: Shure E4
Dual Driver: UE5c
Triple Driver: Triple.fi 10 Pro

I'm more than happy with the setup, but if it sounds amazing, I would try to scrape a little bit of cheese for it =D

Aug 3, 2007 at 2:25 AM Post #23 of 38
The E500s/530s vs. the UE10s.........The E500 have a well balanced bass and very nice mid range, their highs are very far back (unpleasant), soundstage is above average, imaging is mediocre, overall tone is recessed, comfort is very good for a universal phone. My biggest problem with the E500 is the decay, it's a long decay (to my ears) and it clouds the sound.

The UE10s, have a controlled and beautiful bass response. The mids are controlled and placed in the mix very neutrally. The highs shine, are non-sibilant and non shrill. Soundstage is the best I've heard for a IEM, imaging is unmatchable, every instrument can be pictured in its place with a well recorded source. It's not super bright, but it's not recessed either. I would call them extremely neutral. The comfort is very very good. The decay is very quick and keeps the mix transparent. Fantastic earphone, much better than the E500, and I do not believe the UE11 will be better, because I don't see how the UE10 can be bettered.

Aug 3, 2007 at 8:54 AM Post #24 of 38
Well people the Ultimate Ears website is down for maintenance, FINGERS CROSSED!! XX UE-11 XX

Aug 3, 2007 at 9:15 AM Post #25 of 38
I'm not sure cause UE11's sound signature is more heavy than UE10 and added more Bass.I found this commentary in iLounge ,I don't know whether is true or not? Still 11's is not available ,however I wish I would take this chance to go for it rather than exchange my UE-10, you know I can't do everything without my UE10.

Aug 3, 2007 at 12:08 PM Post #26 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by f_klo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well people the Ultimate Ears website is down for maintenance, FINGERS CROSSED!! XX UE-11 XX

Website now up and running again, ready to receive orders on UE-11 Pro.

The King is dead, long live the Queen.
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 3, 2007 at 3:50 PM Post #27 of 38
I find it hard to believe that the UE 11 will not sound better than the 10s

Aug 3, 2007 at 4:37 PM Post #28 of 38
My money is on different but not better. The ue-10's do exactly what they were designed to do with and extremely balanced sound. If the 11's offer a slightly more weighted sound and that is a guess it will be better for some but not others I would think.

It matters what you like.

I see know room for improvment but I hope they prove me wrong!

Aug 3, 2007 at 5:13 PM Post #30 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by kelvinz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
could you perhaps give us your impressions of the 10's vs e500?

~$1400 for IEM's isn't a small amount of money
icon10.gif

He already did a write up on both and I beleive preferred the E500s at the time. Either way, the law of diminishing returns is at an all time high here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMahler
The E500s/530s vs. the UE10s.........The E500 have a well balanced bass and very nice mid range, their highs are very far back (unpleasant), soundstage is above average, imaging is mediocre, overall tone is recessed, comfort is very good for a universal phone. My biggest problem with the E500 is the decay, it's a long decay (to my ears) and it clouds the sound.

Totally agree with your assesment of the Shures but have read too many posts stating that the E500s come very close... closer than the price difference between the two anyway.

That said. I'm slightly interested in the 11s
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back