Calling UE10 users!! exchange for UE-11??
Aug 2, 2007 at 3:42 AM Post #2 of 38
Oh nice...it's finally launched. Who's gonna be the first to try?
evil_smiley.gif
I wouldn't hold my breath regarding the exchange idea though.

Aug 2, 2007 at 4:11 AM Post #3 of 38
I would bet a lot of money that UE10 will be a more neutral / reference type ear phone.....I would never trade it. From what I've read and been told by UE themselves is that the UE11 has more bottom, and is more full bodied......that's a turn off for me, as I think the UE10s have the most balanced bass on the market and think any more would be overdoing it........I've never been into full bodied head phones, for instance I don't like the E500s at all, I don't even think they're worth half their price. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that with rare exception, I think the UE10s provide the most perfect listening experience I've ever had, and would have to be hypnotized (or extremely rich) in order to constitute trading them or spending over a grand to find out that there is better on the market....after all

Less is usually more

Aug 2, 2007 at 6:39 AM Post #4 of 38
f klo, you should make this thread a petition and list all the head-fi'er's that have the UE-10 and want to exchange for a small fee. so put me down and let the petition list grow!

Aug 2, 2007 at 9:18 AM Post #6 of 38
I don't wanna change any more...
UE10pro is good enough for me ^ ^

Aug 2, 2007 at 2:28 PM Post #7 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by aluren /img/forum/go_quote.gif
f klo, you should make this thread a petition and list all the head-fi'er's that have the UE-10 and want to exchange for a small fee. so put me down and let the petition list grow!

I'm not sure why UE would or even should do something like that?

It's not like you own a piece of software that can be upgraded easily, with little cost to the company. This is hardware that is completely different from what you already own. UE would have to make you a brand new pair of monitors.

If you bought a 2007 model car, and the company came out with a newer version for 2008, would you expect them to upgrade you for a "small fee"?

Now, they may want to offer a small discount for UE10 owners who would like to upgrade, which I think would be very generous of them. But I really don't think you should expect to get the UE11's for next to nothing.

Aug 2, 2007 at 4:57 PM Post #8 of 38
The reason custom IEM's are so expensive is because of the labor involved in making them. Expecting UE to craft a brand new pair of monitors for nothing or next to nothing simply because you own another model by them is bordering on ridiculous. While you are at it, why stop at the UE-11? Why not just request a free set of their whole custom line (UE-5c, UE-5pro, UE-7, etc) because you own the UE-10?
rolleyes.gif

Aug 2, 2007 at 6:33 PM Post #9 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The reason custom IEM's are so expensive is because of the labor involved in making them. Expecting UE to craft a brand new pair of monitors for nothing or next to nothing simply because you own another model by them is bordering on ridiculous. While you are at it, why stop at the UE-11? Why not just request a free set of their whole custom line (UE-5c, UE-5pro, UE-7, etc) because you own the UE-10?
rolleyes.gif

You're right... in the end, I think they won't offer a cheap upgrade because it doesn't make any business sense. but one can only hope right?

Aug 2, 2007 at 6:40 PM Post #10 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by aluren /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're right... in the end, I think they won't offer a cheap upgrade because it doesn't make any business sense. but one can only hope right?

You can also hope UE shows up at your door and hands you a big sack of money - but it 'aint gonna happen, and it's unreasonable to even ask.

Aug 2, 2007 at 8:19 PM Post #11 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by umcloud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can also hope UE shows up at your door and hands you a big sack of money - but it 'aint gonna happen, and it's unreasonable to even ask.

alright... i get the picture... geez...

Aug 2, 2007 at 8:51 PM Post #13 of 38
Please let us know how they sound, particularly compared against the E500 as it's the only IEM I'm familiar with in your sig.

Aug 2, 2007 at 11:00 PM Post #14 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2deadeyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please let us know how they sound, particularly compared against the E500 as it's the only IEM I'm familiar with in your sig.

I'd like to know this as well before making my order =)

Aug 2, 2007 at 11:22 PM Post #15 of 38
I assure you I have had long discussions on this topic with UE and there will be no discount/trade-in of any kind for at least 60 days.

Even after that i would not hold my breath. The UE-10 and UE-11 will be two different beasts sonicly. I for one will be keeping my UE-10's for sure and would be more interested in a discount than a trade-in.

Think about it Beyer is not going to upgrade Free DT990 for DT880 owners. It just not going to happen.

I can see after the initial fanfare wears down that they may offer UE-10 owners a discount but this is just a guess.

As it stands now you pay $1,150 + shipping and right now the first (I think 40 Head-fiers) can get FREE artwork. (Guess they changed this to the first 60 days)

Take it from the UE Fanboy! I KNOW!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back