Calling tube amp experts that have experiences with Ultrasones
Mar 13, 2008 at 4:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

vic1890

100+ Head-Fier
I've tried looking for various parts of this forum to find the info i need but to no avail, either it doesn't exist (highly unlikely) or its just buried and forgotten by most.

However this is the thing:

I got a pair of Proline 750, and considering to pair it up with a tube amp, but I have reservations. I'm doing this because I've read on so many places that tubes have beautiful mids - i believe this should rectify my ultrasone's (rare) mid range deficit.

At the same time, i've read that while concentrating on mids, the lows and highs might get rolled off - is that true?

I was thinking of a Little Dot MKIII for the 750 - would this pairing have good synergy?

any experiences pairing 750s with a tube amp of any kind?

Please do help out a beginner that shall be completely thankful!

Mar 13, 2008 at 4:46 PM Post #2 of 6
I am getting a Pair of PL750's this afternoon, along with a Bada PH-12 Tube amp. I will let you know how it works.

I have heard the Ultrasone PL2500 with my old Singlepower PPX3 tube amp, and I think it sounded really good. It sounded much better than the same headphones paired with my old Corda Headfive SS amp.

Mar 13, 2008 at 5:21 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by jgonino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am getting a Pair of PL750's this afternoon, along with a Bada PH-12 Tube amp. I will let you know how it works.

I have heard the Ultrasone PL2500 with my old Singlepower PPX3 tube amp, and I think it sounded really good. It sounded much better than the same headphones paired with my old Corda Headfive SS amp.

The Bada looks heavenly - if only they made it in the UK!

Mar 14, 2008 at 1:46 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by vic1890 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Bada looks heavenly - if only they made it in the UK!

I have a PROline 2500 and HFI-780. The Singlepower MPX3 w/ Slam Adapters or just 6SN7GTA drives either amp very well.

Being in the EU I would suggest an used Musical Fidelity X-Can V2 w/ the PinkFloyd Mods and a Little Pinkie PSU. Wonderful unit and reasonably price. Good luck.

Mar 14, 2008 at 9:06 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a PROline 2500 and HFI-780. The Singlepower MPX3 w/ Slam Adapters or just 6SN7GTA drives either amp very well.

Being in the EU I would suggest an used Musical Fidelity X-Can V2 w/ the PinkFloyd Mods and a Little Pinkie PSU. Wonderful unit and reasonably price. Good luck.

I've seen the MF X-can V2, though what are the PinkFloyd Mods? - that I'm unfamiliar of.

Mar 15, 2008 at 1:22 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by vic1890 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've seen the MF X-can V2, though what are the PinkFloyd Mods? - that I'm unfamiliar of.

Shoot me a PM and we will discuss. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back