Calling D777 User, Help Please
Nov 23, 2006 at 12:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

rayq

Head-Fier
Hi, can you please check the rating (V and A) of the adaptor for the D777? I got one with suspicious adaptor (no marking) which can power up and play the D777 but seems to fail charging the gumstick new batteries. I am planning to buy another generic one that's why I need the power rating. Thanks.

Ray

Nov 23, 2006 at 3:14 AM Post #2 of 6
The voltage rating for the D-777 adaptor is 4.5 Volts and the mAh rating is 500 mAh. Sony's replacement stock model ac adaptor for the D-777 would be model number AC-E455.

Nov 23, 2006 at 2:26 PM Post #3 of 6
How long will it last for a fully charged Sony 1400mA gumstick? Mine only lasted ~2 hrs listening. Is this normal? I charged them with an external charger. Thanks.

Nov 23, 2006 at 8:50 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by rayq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How long will it last for a fully charged Sony 1400mA gumstick? Mine only lasted ~2 hrs listening. Is this normal? I charged them with an external charger. Thanks.

No.. mine lasts for at least 10 hrs

Nov 27, 2006 at 6:20 PM Post #5 of 6
Will the charge of the batteries stay full after charge and without playing? In the other words, will the charge be slowly drained if the batteries were left in the CD player without playing? Thanks.

Raymond

Nov 27, 2006 at 6:30 PM Post #6 of 6
Yes the batteries should hold the charge for quite some time if left in the PCDP without playing it. It should easily hold the charge for more than a week if left in the PCDP unplayed. It sounds like you might need a new set of gumstick batteries since it doesn't seem to be holding any charge. If the current set you have is relatively new, it could be that you have a defective set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back