Calling all Ultrasone 780 & iPhone 3G users...
Aug 17, 2009 at 8:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

theoaklandraider

Head-Fier
[Topic can be referenced in the Headphone Section]
I recieved my Ultrasone 780's last week and they sound great! I can only imagine when they are completely burned in, and the recable is in place by S2 Audio!

However, the question that I have is this...

I've read in these forums that people are powering there cans right out the iPhone 3G, and bypassing the amp.
I started using my 780's with my Fiio E5, and was considering purchaing a Tomahawk, but since reading those posts, I connect directly to my iPhone.

Is anyone else doing this with good results?
The reason why I ask is because I'm new to amps and I'm not sure if I'm missing out on some sweet sound... lol.

Thanks!

Aug 17, 2009 at 9:05 PM Post #2 of 4
a. crossposting :<

b. the 780's are quite good without a dedicated amp. If you're happy now, I would leave it the way it is.

c. if the iphone is the same as the ipods and you want a dedicated amp, it seems you need a lod to maximize the performance (if a lod works correctly with an iphone that is, I dont own an ipod, nor an iphone, so dont take my word for it).

Aug 18, 2009 at 1:58 AM Post #4 of 4
Gundogan, sorry for the cross-post, I wasn't sure if I should put this in the headphone section or amp section... I'll edit the message and receive replys from there.

Thanks for the advice also, and you too vkvedam!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back