Calling all ppl with Shure E4s! Are these genuine?
May 24, 2007 at 5:29 AM Post #31 of 35
i'm in the US and i just bought these from amazon two weeks ago as well, not amazon directly, but the marketplace like you. mine look exactly the same and there isnt a doubt in my mind they are real.

funny thing...i also had the e2c and they completely fell a part on me too. left side doesnt even work anymore.

also, for the one who said you cant get them to work when wearing them "normally", or not over the ear. i just reverse the sides, wearing left on the right and vice versa. it fits better in the normal orientation this way.

oh well....enjoy...i really love them so far.

May 26, 2007 at 11:22 AM Post #33 of 35
Well I love these now I've used em but I honestly dont think theres much of a difference between these are the e2cs... maybe the mids are a bit more defined but..i dunno..might have something to do with most of my MP3s are only 128kb. And I havent used the e2cs for over a year so dont remember that well!

They are much more comfy tho and look better. The volume also seems a bit low and i need to turn it right up to the top but thats just some tracks..

Anyway love em all the same, a million times better than the cx300s ive been using (but probably not quite as comfy).

May 26, 2007 at 12:59 PM Post #34 of 35
If you can, re-rip your CD to higher bitrates, or VBR. Listen on your e4c for a good while. Then. Switch over to the e2c
biggrin.gif

What source are you using? These little things can destroy your hearing at max volume with most DAPs, I believe. Most people don't run them over half.
Bad seal perhaps?

May 26, 2007 at 2:03 PM Post #35 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by radioactive28 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you can, re-rip your CD to higher bitrates, or VBR. Listen on your e4c for a good while. Then. Switch over to the e2c
biggrin.gif

What source are you using? These little things can destroy your hearing at max volume with most DAPs, I believe. Most people don't run them over half.
Bad seal perhaps?

Its just songs I downloaded at 128. I was told there was zero point in converting them to higher bit rates as you will always lose quality. Is that true?

I'm using an Iaudio U3. I definitely need over half. Maybe it's just the player, I hardly needed to up the volume at all using my previous samsung ypz5 with E2s. Some tracks I only need a fraction though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back