Calling all members not from the USA...
Jul 31, 2006 at 12:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

daba

500+ Head-Fier
Hello everybody,

I'm in need of some assistance for my work. Doing a research study on mathematics in other countries and need to obtain some books from them, but it seems I need an extra hand...

Anyone from these countries interested in helping?

Finland, Korea, Netherlands, Japan, Canada, Belgium, Czech Republic, Hong Kong, Liechtenstein, Swizterland, Singapore.

Thanks, just shoot an e-mail to me greatdiwei@gmail.com if you're interested and I'll fill ya in.

Jul 31, 2006 at 1:10 PM Post #2 of 8
What 'level' of math books are you looking for? I might have some Dutch high-school books for you. You can drop me a PM if you are interested
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 31, 2006 at 2:43 PM Post #3 of 8
Hello daba,

1) You are at university level right? (EDIT: just looked in your profile....seems you're not studying from a second class institution...
wink.gif
)
Look into your own university library program of exchange with other countries.

2) On a much faster way to do it, go with the books tittle from a search engine for US universities. I'll bet they have most of this ressource available from within the States.

3) They dont have math books in Belgium.....
very_evil_smiley.gif

Amicalement

Jul 31, 2006 at 3:34 PM Post #4 of 8
What are you exactly looking for? I've studied Econometrics, that involved some maths. Some books we used were also used in the University of Technology in Delft (Netherlands), like Calculus books.

What kind of math books do you want? Theoretical maths? Or also statistics? Linear Algebra? Could you be more specific?
blink.gif

Jul 31, 2006 at 6:13 PM Post #5 of 8
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the replies. I'm doing a study on mathematics in primary and secondary school (K-12). I'm trying to obtain textbooks from the above countries as part of the study.

Identifying where countries rank isn't the hard part -- it's just getting a copy of these books that are used in the grade school classrooms that is (or even discovering which ones are popular).

Jul 31, 2006 at 7:24 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by daba
... ?

Like in a joke.....
tongue.gif

I live in the French part of Canada so I wont be able to help you with the high school English/math material part. But good luck with your research.

BTW, I'm on memory here, there was not so much books in itself but very voluminous modular documents covering this topic. I hope it's a bit different in English Canada.

Amicalement

Aug 1, 2006 at 1:29 AM Post #8 of 8
emailed ya... Im from Canada and I can try to give you a hand..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back