Calling all Kinesiology scholars
Oct 20, 2007 at 11:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

r1n7r4h

100+ Head-Fier
I have a project for a human anatomy class that requires me to split some sort of sport movement into three phases and describe the kinesiology that occurs in a list of 30 muscles and the joints which they are connected to. Could someone help me by checking my answers because I am completely confused with whats happening. I am focusing mainly on a tennis serve.

Oct 21, 2007 at 3:58 AM Post #2 of 5
Don't know much about the subject, but I do know that a tennis serve is one of the most complex movements in sports, and certainly the most complex in tennis. Is there any way to focus on a different sports motion?

Oct 21, 2007 at 5:05 AM Post #3 of 5
frown.gif
Unfortunately its too late for us. We underestimated the insane difficulty of the motion. For example, during the tossup, we are getting alot of things that just frankly don't make sense. Like how the hamstring and its antagonists are doing the same motion even though they are antagonists.

:'( I'm about to cry out in frustration because I have a AP Calc AB midterm, AP Econ Test, this project, 2 AP Bio labs and a 1.5hr presentation to memorize, a English project on the Renaissance and college apps.

Oct 21, 2007 at 5:56 AM Post #4 of 5
antagonists can be contracting at the same time if they are stabilizing the joint. perhaps that's what theyre referring to?

it's been a couple years since i took anatomy, but i might be able to help if you still need it.

Oct 21, 2007 at 4:45 PM Post #5 of 5
Thanks Jmmmmm, I have a Word document that has the chart categorized as: Joint, Muscle, Movement and Contraction that has the throw up done. But when my friend and I did it, we sort of did it in the common sense way instead of following the information we had because it was too confusing. Is there any way you prefer me to send it to you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back