Calling all Harmon/Kardon Soundstick owners!! (well, just one will do)
Jul 4, 2013 at 5:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

jamri

New Head-Fier
So, I have owned a pair of Soundstick II's since 2005 - they were given to me as a high school graduation gift from my sister and have served me dutifully for 8 years. They have been abused at house parties etc. and have truly stood the test of time, but a recent drop popped the magnets out so I went in to repair. Unfortunately, this time the wire connecting to the "+" Volume button pulled and I don't know where it connects to. Would one of you be so kind as to tell me where this wire goes? Into the main cable down to the subwoofer? (ugh I hope not)... I didn't see any solder, just bare wire - I cannot find any schematics or decent up close shots online.

Thanks in advance!

I love my Harmon/Kardon Soundsticks and would probably replace if I can't fix em, but these have a bit of sentimental value and I hope I can bring them back to life (they will never leave my desk again!).

Jul 6, 2013 at 6:51 PM Post #5 of 8
Thank you! So it looks like it does go through the back of the unit down to the sub... makes sense, 4 wires, 4 pins on the connection. Here we go...
triportsad.gif

Feb 22, 2015 at 2:43 PM Post #7 of 8
these are Great sound sticks for computers.  but i need to also be able to stick in the earphones too.  but these don't have earphone jacks.. how do i overcome this problem?

Feb 26, 2015 at 2:27 AM Post #8 of 8
Unplug the green 1/8" cable from your source, and plug in your headphones instead. No other way to through the Soundsticks or sub. If your source is a desktop computer if you keep the Soundsticks plugged in to your rear panel's headphone jack, you can plug headphones in to the front, and it should mute the rear output.
Alternatively you can purchase a desktop solution that will allow you to switch between outputs... perhaps Magni 2 Uber and a stereo RCA to 1/8" female adapter would do the trick? This is assuming already have the Soundsticks... if not there may be more cost effect options. http://schiit.com/products/magni-2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back