Calling all European headfiers!! Interest check for a meet
Feb 6, 2024 at 10:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

jp11801

aka JP-nums or JP-numbers
Lead Organizer for Can Jam '09
Well the title says it all. I don't see many or really any meets on the continent and wondered if there is any interest from the community. I've led the team that organized Canjam LA in 2009 as well as the first few Canjam at Rocky Mountain audio fest events. I've also done several medium sized meets in rhe US.
If given enough interest I'd love to either organize or partner with another member on a meet in 2024.

Please post in this thread if you would be interested in attending a Europe meet I am open to the city to host as I'm in a somewhat remote section of Spain but would be open to a location central to most and somewhat cost effectiv.

Regards JP

Mar 5, 2024 at 2:36 PM Post #9 of 17
hello, a can jam in Germany/Netherland would be awesome!

Mar 6, 2024 at 9:11 AM Post #11 of 17
I've run quite a few local and a handful of Canjam events back in the day. First things first is to get a few small mid sized events under our belts. These could be,
Mini meets at a person's home for 5-10 people, these are easiest and lowest risk as if there is low turn out there is low to no investment.
For larger mid sized meets a hotel meeting room or seminar room can work great. These at least in the States cost a few hundred euros to pull off as there is room rental and potential av costs.
Amsterdam Netherlands would be great but would also be a higher cost environment and costly for people to stay overnight. Now something just outside the city in a suburb might be doable.
The other option is to build a core Spain and travelers group with a meet in a city like Valencia

I'd love to try something in late May to early June, not sure how others feel about this timeline.

Mar 6, 2024 at 10:58 AM Post #13 of 17
I've run quite a few local and a handful of Canjam events back in the day. First things first is to get a few small mid sized events under our belts. These could be,
Mini meets at a person's home for 5-10 people (...) The other option is to build a core Spain and travelers group with a meet in a city like Valencia

I'd love to try something in late May to early June, not sure how others feel about this timeline.
I got your back. Get in touch & I can provide details and some groundwork on a meet around Valencia / Barcelona.

May is good, June not so much for me, but we can discuss further.

Mar 13, 2024 at 5:05 PM Post #15 of 17
It would be wonderful to meet fellow headfiers. I live in Budapest, Hungary; either the meet is in driving distance (4 hours from here) or reachable by plane; I can not attend otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back