Calling all DotA players!
Feb 7, 2010 at 7:27 PM Post #16 of 30
the most current one is 6.66b. there are 2 new characters and now you gan get Boots of Speed at the top and bot lane shops.

Feb 7, 2010 at 7:35 PM Post #17 of 30
I've migrated to HoN too.

I still like watching replays from the various DotA tournaments though.

My favourite hero would have to be Shadow Fiend. I really like tank carries like Necrolyte and Bristleback too.

Fear is still active and still a really strong player. I think he's playing with Demon, Merlini, Kuroky, and Puppey on BFB now. My favourite players are all from the Asian scene though. Kingsurf in particular i like a lot. Xiaoxiaofang's SF is epic.

Feb 8, 2010 at 1:53 AM Post #18 of 30
Just wondering, whats HoN? i hear it alot but never had the time to figure out what it is.
i played Leauge of Legends recently. not worth playing yet because they are still adding on things like characters, items and whatnot but im sure its going to be a great game for me because its based and inspired by DotA

Feb 8, 2010 at 5:05 AM Post #20 of 30
HoN is all glitz and too fast-paced.

DotA is still where it's at.

Tinker FTW
biggrin.gif
Most fun character ever.

Feb 8, 2010 at 5:09 AM Post #21 of 30
My favorite character is Ursa with two Bracers, Vladmir, BoT, Dagger --> Ownage. Get Heart for late game.

Feb 8, 2010 at 11:11 AM Post #22 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by fuseboxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HoN is all glitz and too fast-paced.

DotA is still where it's at.

Tinker FTW
biggrin.gif
Most fun character ever.

Tinker was the best thing ever. Winning 1v5 in pubs always gives your ego a boost.
biggrin.gif

Feb 8, 2010 at 2:19 PM Post #23 of 30
I really have fun with Techies some times. I have played him long enough to be fairly good with him. It is a challenge to still be effective in the late game, but since a recent patch where they beefed up his ult he is much better. I usually go about 50/50 kill/death ratio which I think it fairly good on him. Occasionally I will get a 6/3 ratio. There is little more satisfying than getting someone to rage quit in the early game because I killed them too many times.

I normally go Drow as that is probably my best character. If anyone organizes a match I would love to join!

Feb 9, 2010 at 9:55 AM Post #25 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ttvetjanu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This was more of a US thing. If I recall correctly, CoL we're beaten on numerous accounts by MYM, srs and multiple other EU based clans. But still, FeaR is legendary (although at 6.06 I think he had gone past his prime time?).

Nope, FeaR's best times were quite some time later after 6.06. Yeah it is true that CoL and Apex were US scene, during that time mostly the US scene was in limelight. Later on ofcouse, the European and Asian scene dominated throughout.

Feb 9, 2010 at 5:52 PM Post #26 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3602 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...listening to the song DotA. Passing by...
That said, did build maps some time ago, with machine guns and dinosaurs. Then the dinos won't move. Yee.

Lol. That's what I thought of when I saw the thread. I have no idea what this game is though. I'll stick with mw2, thank you.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 9, 2010 at 11:45 PM Post #27 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by hifidk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My favorite character is Ursa with two Bracers, Vladmir, BoT, Dagger --> Ownage. Get Heart for late game.

eww ursa is so rigged lol.. instead of BoT, ill go phase boots for the current version.

Feb 10, 2010 at 6:20 AM Post #28 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by planx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just wondering, whats HoN? i hear it alot but never had the time to figure out what it is.
i played Leauge of Legends recently. not worth playing yet because they are still adding on things like characters, items and whatnot but im sure its going to be a great game for me because its based and inspired by DotA

Heroes of Newerth:
Heroes of Newerth

It's a very nice copy of dota.

Feb 10, 2010 at 7:36 PM Post #29 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by fuseboxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Too bad nothing about Tinker has changed since forever...

Well actually they removed the ability to refresh black king bar a while ago, so you can no longer be permanently magic immune anymore.

Mar 23, 2010 at 1:59 AM Post #30 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by koven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol huh, people still play dota?

it's all about HoN now... it's the future

I got sort of burned out on Dota even though I don't play that much. HoN has been fun so far, though no doubt I will tire of it soon as well since there are even fewer heroes. The adjustment to HoN was relatively easy, only the Q,W,E,R, keys for spells took a while to get used to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back