Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Aug 7, 2012 at 9:10 PM Post #47 of 225
Considering the two year cycles for the studios, it's nothing surprising, though I'd expect that MW4 or BLOPS3 will be for the new systems, so it may alter the dev cycles/release dates a bit.

Aug 8, 2012 at 10:51 AM Post #48 of 225
Evshrug, don't know who you're playing against, but they're idiots if they don't have Strela-3s to counter your gunner. You can still kill them before they shoot off the Strela 3 IF they don't have Coldblooded Pro on, however. If they do, you won't be able to see where they are, and it takes two shoots... Chopper Gunner is a wasted killstreak when I or anyone else with common sense.
I get plenty of kills with it though. :D

Can't you tell what my preferred killstreaks are? Lol. I have more dogs than the lowly spy plane... XD
In fact, I'm surprised I even have that many spy planes, as I never use those streaks. Must be from picking up enemy care packages...

Who am I playing against? Not you and your friends, cuz you're not on my LIVE friends list, LOL! The last time I played though, I wasn't able to chain up over a 6 killstreak :/ Still trying out all the guns, TBH I am liking BO more than MW3. I might even have to start calling it BLOPS out of respect :wink:

As far as the next CoD game after BLOPS2, Treyarch already stated that this was going to be their last for the current-gen consoles, and that was part of the reason they stuck with modifying the Quake engine. I don't know if Sledgehammer is taking over for Infinity Ward and continuing the Modern Warfare thread, and if they would develop for this gen or the next, though I would say that the Modern Warfare story had reached a conclusion in my eyes. They could always just stretch it out, but the modern setting is just as mainstream now as WWII shooters were before CoD4. I'd like a compelling multiplayer experience from Bioshock and the Metro series, Borderlands 2 may be golden if they can keep up the energy and zany levels :)

Aug 16, 2012 at 3:06 AM Post #49 of 225
Black Ops II looks like it's going to be the change us CoD veterans have been asking for.  From what I hear it's good ideas after good ideas after good ideas.  I didn't mind Black Ops but it did get boring after a while, but if they can nail the hit-detection/lag issues (dedicated servers; it's not that ******* hard) then it could probably revive my interest in gaming.  Right now it's the last thing I wanna do.

Aug 16, 2012 at 10:51 AM Post #50 of 225
I've been playing less and less over the past 2 years. It's a bit disheartening, but I could always use a good shooter in my life. If they pull of BLOPS II I might actually play video games again. 

Quote:
Black Ops II looks like it's going to be the change us CoD veterans have been asking for.  From what I hear it's good ideas after good ideas after good ideas.  I didn't mind Black Ops but it did get boring after a while, but if they can nail the hit-detection/lag issues (dedicated servers; it's not that ******* hard) then it could probably revive my interest in gaming.  Right now it's the last thing I wanna do.

Aug 16, 2012 at 7:43 PM Post #51 of 225
Quote:
I've been playing less and less over the past 2 years. It's a bit disheartening, but I could always use a good shooter in my life. If they pull of BLOPS II I might actually play video games again. 

lol don't even get me started on why I stopped playing.  I could write a term paper just from ranting.

Aug 18, 2012 at 7:29 PM Post #52 of 225
Yo guys,

I saw the multiplayer footage for Black Ops II from GamesCom and to me it looks bad. The footage just turned me off entirely. The maps showed looks like a campers dream and the gameplay looks the same as MW3.

Aug 18, 2012 at 11:04 PM Post #53 of 225
Quote:
Yo guys,

I saw the multiplayer footage for Black Ops II from GamesCom and to me it looks bad. The footage just turned me off entirely. The maps showed looks like a campers dream and the gameplay looks the same as MW3.

From what I've read, BO2 has anti-camper elements.

1.  No more killstreaks.  All the rewards are now Scorestreaks, meaning you can do A LOT more damage in Objective-based games than in TDM.
2.  Ghost hides you from UAV only if you're moving, and apparently there is an attachment on guns that highlight a player only when they're standing still.

Of course any of this can change from now 'til November, but it's looking to be like Treyarch is actually trying to give ENOUGH (that's the keyword) new elements to the game to keep people from leaving.  I'm not surprised you think it looks like MW3 since CoD hasn't really changed from CoD4 and the sprint animation is the same.  Also the red-dot sight is the same as MW3, but with a different texture, and THAT sight is almost the exact same ('cept different textures...maybe) from CoD4.

Sep 14, 2012 at 7:13 PM Post #54 of 225
COD series is still one of my Favorites to play on console. I sure hope the rumors are true about less camping cause IW said the same thing about MW3 about map designs and it just as bad as all previous. Until they enforce the age limits they are always going to be little kids camping in the corner and running off at the mouth.

Sep 16, 2012 at 2:30 PM Post #55 of 225
Hey,

I've been following it more now and am really disappointed so far. It just reminds me of MW3, well not so much, but seems to have a similar vibe. MW3 was terrible, easily the worst recent CoD. Well they all pretty much suck, not Black Ops or MW, but I play because friends have the games.

I think I'll gt Medal of Honor instead. It looks to be much better.

Sep 16, 2012 at 5:31 PM Post #56 of 225
Quote:
You guys hear that Modern Warfare 4 is coming out Q4 '12 or Q1-2 '13?

Wouldn't be surprised since they make a CoD game every year.

Honestly Medal of Honor looks like a wannabe Modern Warfare game.  I guess I'll keep an eye out for both but personally I'm still looking at what Black Ops 2 has to offer.

Sep 17, 2012 at 7:01 AM Post #57 of 225
BLOPSII is getting better and better. They might have an actual zombie campaign!

Sep 19, 2012 at 5:10 AM Post #59 of 225
Because...ZOMBIES! XD

Ironically, I didn't like Left4Dead OR Dead Island. :ph34r:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back