Calgary Headphones Meeting June 19th 2011
Jun 18, 2011 at 3:40 PM Post #33 of 46
There doesn't seem to be a decision favorable to all. The U of C is a valid option in my books, but from what I know it also has the disadvantage of paying for parking and potentially getting your gear damp if the rain re-appears. Delaying the event to another weekend has its disadvantages (i.e. some won't be able to attend) and delaying for a couple of weeks takes us into summer holidays making it even more difficult to retain attendees.

If we don't have a concensus by 9pm tonight, I suspect we'll have to postpone. Sigh....

Dale

Jun 18, 2011 at 4:53 PM Post #34 of 46
University parking would be $5 for the day and the space I'm thinking would be best has a parking lot as close to it as you'll get on campus, maybe 40 m or so to the side door if I got there early & let people in. If it's really raining could also cut through a different building, then it's just 1 roadway to cross.

Jun 18, 2011 at 7:52 PM Post #35 of 46
I'm game for that.... how many others are still interested? Time is rapidly running out...

Quote:
University parking would be $5 for the day and the space I'm thinking would be best has a parking lot as close to it as you'll get on campus, maybe 40 m or so to the side door if I got there early & let people in. If it's really raining could also cut through a different building, then it's just 1 roadway to cross.

Jun 18, 2011 at 8:27 PM Post #36 of 46

Quote:

Where are you thinking of using? Because if anything, parking at the Art Parkade would avoid the rain altogether, although it's $7.

Jun 18, 2011 at 8:48 PM Post #37 of 46
Where are you thinking of using? Because if anything, parking at the Art Parkade would avoid the rain altogether, although it's $7.

I didn't realize the arts parkade was that cheap. I don't know those buildings over there that well though. I was thinking the engineering lounge would be perfect. Lots of tables, chairs, outlets, and lots of space. There's a small parking lot right on the west side of engineering that looks right at the lounge.

Jun 18, 2011 at 9:51 PM Post #38 of 46
Well, we have confirmation from about 4 of us that U of C would work - let's choose a location and hopefully others will read the message board before leaving for the meeting tomorrow. It might turn out to be very low attendance, but I'm still willing to try. JonJeffman or Wingstrike - please choose a U of C location and post the directions for the rest of us. Thanks!

Dale

Quote:
Quote:

I didn't realize the arts parkade was that cheap. I don't know those buildings over there that well though. I was thinking the engineering lounge would be perfect. Lots of tables, chairs, outlets, and lots of space. There's a small parking lot right on the west side of engineering that looks right at the lounge.

Jun 18, 2011 at 10:33 PM Post #39 of 46
I am up for any thing, as I am really open tomorrow... Pick a place,, and I will show up too....

I used to need to pick up two member,, if need pick up,, i will still do pick up... Jaycalgary and Jonjeffman

Jun 18, 2011 at 11:09 PM Post #40 of 46
Ok I haven't heard back from Wingstrike, so I'll make an executive decision.  We'll hold it in the Engineering lounge.  Here's maps of the campus, view the parking maps:
http://www.ucalgary.ca/map/

I'd recommend Lot 13, $5 for the day (and I don't recommend trying to not pay - they're pretty ruthless, even on weekends).

So take 32 Ave NW (along the North edge of campus) and turn onto Collegiate Blvd.  Go through the 4 way stop, pass the Olympic Oval, will be your next left turn.  Then try to park as far in the NE corner of that lot.  As you're driving in to Lot 13, you'll see a nicer new blue & silver building, which connects to the old crappy beige engineering building.  Cut across the little patch of grass there to the door right in the corner where the new building connects to the old.

Colin, if you don't mind still offering a ride, I'd really appreciate it - saves a 2km walk with a bunch of gear.  I'll pm you & we can sort out details.

Jun 18, 2011 at 11:34 PM Post #42 of 46
I believe it is the ENE engineering block E  room 134

am i right?

http://www.ucalgary.ca/map/interactive

input those two info in there.. you will be able to see where..

room 134
block E engineering

Jun 18, 2011 at 11:52 PM Post #43 of 46
Guess you learn something new everyday - didn't know the engineering lounge actually had a room number assigned to it.

Go to the interactive map, Building: ENE - Engineering block E, Room: 134.

Parking Lot 13 is the one just south east of the lounge (down & to the left on the map).  Cut across that patch of grass directly east of the room, and north of the parking, and there's a couple doors along that wall.  I'll be there early to make sure at least one of them is open. 

Quote:
I believe it is the ENE engineering block E  room 134

am i right?

http://www.ucalgary.ca/map/interactive

input those two info in there.. you will be able to see where..

room 134
block E engineering

Jun 18, 2011 at 11:57 PM Post #44 of 46
I already send PM to everyone...
I can only cross my finger..
as it is a really SHORT NOTICE!!!

SUPER SHORT!!!!!

and i will for sure be there.

Jun 19, 2011 at 12:27 AM Post #45 of 46
I'll be there around noon. Looking forward to it! See you all there...

Dale

Users who are viewing this thread

Back