Calgary Headphones Meeting June 19th 2011
Jun 1, 2011 at 10:15 PM Post #16 of 46
Sunday, June 19th works for me. I will drag down my DAC aka PC tower this time around.

The gear list is expanding nicely. Who is the chap with the Stax setup?

Robin; You're a stand up guy for hosting again. Cheers bud! Do you have a spare Amp1 I could hook up to my DAC for the event?
Michael; Thanks to you, my wallet is a lot lighter. =)
Colin; I look forward to listening to your LCD-2's and T1's this time around.

I look forward to seeing the rest of you again.
-rezolver

Quote:
Updated the date,, the meeting is going to be 19th june 2011!!!!!! noon to 5:00 pm.

Jun 2, 2011 at 12:35 AM Post #17 of 46
Wish I knew my work schedule. My place is in Calgary but work by Fort McMurray. I have 2 Lambda Signatures both sound different to me. The beater pair sound better. I have a pair of 407's in the mail. The pair that I really want someone to hear is the Lambda pro's that were turned into Sigma's but they are a bit rough around the edges but been stable so far.

Jun 2, 2011 at 1:34 AM Post #18 of 46
Jaycalgary, you animal, you're the cat with the Stax!

I've been keeping my ear to the ground for a Lambda's sale. It would be terrific to hear a pair though.

If you need someone to call in a bomb threat at your work that week, you just let me know :wink:, hahha

Quote:
Wish I knew my work schedule. My place is in Calgary but work by Fort McMurray. I have 2 Lambda Signatures both sound different to me. The beater pair sound better. I have a pair of 407's in the mail. The pair that I really want someone to hear is the Lambda pro's that were turned into Sigma's but they are a bit rough around the edges but been stable so far.

Jun 11, 2011 at 11:58 PM Post #21 of 46
Some camping plans changed - totally not my idea - and I leave tomorrow for a week and thus unfortunately can not attend. I was looking forward to meeting everyone and sharing this great hobby. 
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Jun 17, 2011 at 7:11 PM Post #23 of 46
Hi everyone,
I hate to do this, but a family issue came up and I can't host on the 19th.  Sorry for the very short notice, I hope that there is time to find an alternative venue.
If it's possible to put off a week everything should be okay for the 26th and I would be more than happy to host.

I hope the meet can still go on somewhere without me.
Robin

Jun 17, 2011 at 9:49 PM Post #24 of 46
Plz give me some advice>>>>>>

2 options

1) we move to 26th june 2011

2) someone else host the meeting at their house...
( 12 people total for now..)

Jun 17, 2011 at 9:55 PM Post #25 of 46
Hello all,

I'm new to Head-Fi and I this was going to be my first meet. I'd hate to see this fall through so close to the event. I'm willing to offer the offices and meeting room at the warehouse I manage for the meet. We should have more than enough room for 15 people. Also it's in an industrial park so parking and noise will not be an issue. One small problem. My warehouse and I are in RED DEER. If people are willing to make the drive I'd be more than happy to host. Discuss and feel free to PM me for details.

Jun 17, 2011 at 10:21 PM Post #26 of 46
I won't be able to do Red Deer, but the 26th is fine by me.

Jun 17, 2011 at 11:28 PM Post #27 of 46
I was going to have to reneg on my attendance on the 19th in any case. I'd neglected to tell my family, who'd made Father's Day plans for me. I can't commit definitively to the 26th but the 19 is a no-go for me. Thanks, guys. 

Jun 18, 2011 at 12:01 AM Post #28 of 46
The 26th is likely out for me, unless the weather is horrible and camping plans get canceled.

Colin, what are your thoughts about the U of C - just one of the open spaces, like we discussed when you were arranging the first meet? I think as long as we're not causing a ruckus no one will question what we're doing or ask us to leave.

Jun 18, 2011 at 12:04 AM Post #29 of 46
I'm not sure if it will work for everyone, but I have been able to secure a conference room at my workplace - Alberta Children's Hospital. The conference room is on the 4th floor of the main building and will comfortably seat 18 people. It has power and the door to the room can be closed, but one caveat to hosting the meeting here is we can't crank the audio AT ALL! This is a hospital and as such, we need to be very respectful of the patients, staff and families who will also be there on Sunday.

One other downside for Alberta Children's Hospital as a location is that you would have to use pay parking. To my knowledge the rate for 5 hours is the same as the day rate maximum, $14. That said, the main public parkade is all covered and has a covered walkway into the hospital which would protect your gear from the expected rain the weatherman calls for on Sunday.

Other than the parking charge, there is no charge to use the room - just our care and respect for the others on-site at the ACH on Sunday. If everyone is OK with this location, here are the details:

Alberta Children's Hospital
2888 Shaganappi Trail NW
Calgary, AB  T3B 6A8
Conference Room # 14 - 4th Floor

The main entrance for the hospital is actually off of West Campus Dr on the University of Calgary campus. You can get to West Campus Dr. by heading West on either 24th Ave or 32nd Ave from Crowchild Trail NW. I will be on-site early but if you need to contact me, please send me a private message before Sunday and I'll send you my pager and telephone number. I'm still looking forward to a get-together on Sunday if it works for others. Here's hoping....

Dale

Jun 18, 2011 at 12:45 AM Post #30 of 46
Was also thinking, not that I want to put this off, but maybe if we are rescheduling, it might be easier for people to accommodate it in maybe 3 weeks time. One week might be too short notice. What about some time middle of July?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back