CAL! vs Takstar TS671 vs Takstar 2050 or something else? under <70€ <96$
Mar 25, 2014 at 10:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

arviller

New Head-Fier
Excuses and reasons:
I originally wanted Superlux HD668B but i couldn't buy them anywhere. So 1) I don't know now what to chose 2) The reason why i would like multiple recommendations.

The headphones will be powered by X-Fi Titanium or X-Fi Titanium HD.
I am acceptable for the soundcard's price because. 1) I will buy it once and wont buy a new one hopefully for 8 years, wish i wouldn't have to at all :p 2) I have no other choice.
Reasons:
EAX, CMSS-3D. Limits me to creative.
Non-windows support. Have Sound at all!
Side thing:
Better audio?

I won't break my soundcard like headphones so for them i accepted the price.
For headphones, if they will be with me, they will be DOOMED and i have prediction that i will break them again.
One day i literally just droped them on the sofa and they broke by them selfves!
I have broken headphones 3 time in its life. 2 times accidentaly hidden under a pillow and then 1 time dropping them on the sofa. 1/1k chace i guess had to happen.
But i lost the count of how many times i broke the jacks.
While i have more than 70 eiros to spend, i dislike that and won't do it.

Experiences:
Once used Speakers. One day switched to headphones. For 2 years never switched back to Speakers. Started even hating Speakers. Barbershop (sound youtube video) melted my mind. Using The headphones for  8+ hours. For the extensive usage the headhpones hate me probably now. Broken, crushed, wires cut and jacks replaced. Black adhesive tape added too. Now want to see is there even better experience.  Don't know what the word uncomfortable means. Hearing that headphones can even get angry and get your ears hot? Dont care. Not going to throw away my old ones. Because they are literaly comfortable and no uncomfortablility ever exsisted to me.
While have heard propertiess like bass, lows, mids, highs and treble i don't have any practical experiences other then sound differences. I mean listening to music.

Cares:
Want to try out better audio.
Over-Ear. Maybe On-ear, but NOT LITTEARLY. ONLY AS CATEGORY. The ones that have pading around the ear.
Dont care about closed, semi or open. I guess open as i heard that has better audio.
Sidecares:
Maybe have the 1m and 3m wire like the superlux
Have it detachable like superlux so maybe the wire finnaly could survive?
Velour pads.

Usage:
for 21% when i switch to windows for gaming because Windows owns 2 decades of gaming and because of not using opengl.
General-audio consumption?
   Movies
   Youtube
   Music
   Whatever.
   Everything actually.

Used Headphones:
speedlink medusa nx premium stereo sound

Mar 25, 2014 at 3:34 PM Post #2 of 9
well from looking around im eyeing these 3 headphones that i am able to order.
   1)Takstar TS671
            vs
   3)Takstar HI2050 (same as Technical Pro HPT-990)
            vs
   2)Creative aurvana live!

Creative because i heard they are good but i really think i would prefere veolor pads.
I wonder about Sound.

Jul 2, 2014 at 5:53 PM Post #4 of 9
  well from looking around I'm eyeing these 3 headphones that I am able to order.
   1)Takstar TS671
            vs
   3)Takstar HI2050 (same as Technical Pro HPT-990)
            vs
   2)Creative aurvana live!

Creative because i heard they are good but I really think i would prefer Velour pads.
I wonder about Sound.

I own all three headphones (CALS are broken), My personal preference would be the HI2050 (HPT-990) 

The Takstar Pro 80 (Gemini HSR-1000) closed headphones would be a even better choice, just slightly better sounding then the HI2050.
The Pro 80/HSR-1000 do not come with Velour, but they are still nice ear pads.

Jul 2, 2014 at 6:16 PM Post #6 of 9
Or how would they compare to akg q701s which I have. Im trying to decide on something close to equivalent of them for my son for gaming. He tried my q701s and really liked them for gaming but I don't want to spend that much on headphones for him as he is a little careless at times

Jul 2, 2014 at 6:58 PM Post #7 of 9
Are the hi2050 better then the ts671 as far as positional accuracy and sound stage for gaming

Have not FPS gamed with those headphones, so not sure which better for gaming.
But the Hi2050 does offer noticeably better audio quality.

Jul 2, 2014 at 7:07 PM Post #8 of 9
Or how would they compare to AKG Q701s which I have. I'm trying to decide on something close to equivalent of them for my son for gaming. He tried my Q701s and really liked them for gaming but I don't want to spend that much on headphones for him as he is a little careless at times

I'm sure the AKG Q701 are better at everything, compared to the TS671/Hi2050
The Takstar TS-671 make me look like a Cyberman, so I think anyone wearing them would feel a little foolish.

Check out the Audio Technica ATH-TAD500, they are only sold in Japan and can be ordered off eBay ($83).
They seem to be a good bang for the buck headphone.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/251535438401?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

May 6, 2015 at 3:52 AM Post #9 of 9
Hi
on the basis of the very positive reviews i read on this site have just bought a pair of Takstar TS-671.
I would like to know if there is a specific thread about them.
They look a little like MBQuart models.  German brand.
Any advice even on good mods would be very welcome and appreciated.
Thanks a lot,  gino

Users who are viewing this thread

Back