CAL VS SUPERLUX 668B vs SUB 100€
Apr 9, 2018 at 5:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Ibai

New Head-Fier
Hello folks!

I have had in the past the Denon AH 1001 cans.... They where superb for my taste . Now I am looking for a headphone for HOME. I like trebble,bass and the vocals of music in general... V SHAPE?

I have been searching for headphones and I have found that Denons are equal to CAL´S. My question is... is there any other can at least like the Denon´s or better for that price range? Are CAL´S better than SUperlux 668B?

Any other suggestion?

Thanks in advance

Cheers to all

Apr 9, 2018 at 8:04 PM Post #3 of 5
If you liked the Denon, you will like the CAL!. By all accounts its sound is a slight improvement, and the CAL! is my favorite sub-$100 headphone judging only by sound. Where the CAL! has some weakness is in the build quality, which is no better than mediocre and the size of the pads. They are too small for many people to fit their ears inside entirely. The pads are very soft and the headphone is lightweight, so this makes up for it in part.

Another problem with the CAL! is lack of support by Creative. You can't even get the original pads as replacements.

Apr 10, 2018 at 4:35 AM Post #4 of 5
If you liked the Denon, you will like the CAL!. By all accounts its sound is a slight improvement, and the CAL! is my favorite sub-$100 headphone judging only by sound. Where the CAL! has some weakness is in the build quality, which is no better than mediocre and the size of the pads. They are too small for many people to fit their ears inside entirely. The pads are very soft and the headphone is lightweight, so this makes up for it in part.

Another problem with the CAL! is lack of support by Creative. You can't even get the original pads as replacements.

thank you for the response Kerry56!

And what is CAL compared to Superlux 668B? which one is "better"?
more trebble ,mids (voice) and soundstage in superlux and more bass in CAL´S?

Cheers.

Apr 10, 2018 at 5:23 PM Post #5 of 5
I haven't heard the 668b, so I cannot do direct comparison for you. The CAL! has very good bass, extending down well into the sub bass and the mids are not bad either, just lacking a touch of clarity, but it has an engaging sound. Treble in the CAL! is probably its weakest point, but is generally unoffensive, it just won't have as much air or sparkle as some others. Sound stage and imaging are good for a closed back, and it can be used as a gaming headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back