Cal Poly Mini-Meet
May 23, 2011 at 11:18 PM Post #137 of 156
WOOOOOO nfb-12 shipped out yesterday 
biggrin.gif

May 26, 2011 at 12:31 AM Post #140 of 156
Just got Triple.fi 10's to use on campus, only listened to them for a few minutes but I love them so far...

Edit: So after a little more time with them I have to say the highs are a little disappointing, but I love Grado's and Ultrasone's, both of which have biting, in your face highs that I love. These are by far the most laid back of my 'phones and it makes them sound slightly veiled compared to what I'm used to, but I'll get used to it. They're still great.

Edit 2: Further experimentation reveal the source of the veil to be the comply tips I was using. Good thing I find the silicon to be more comfortable anyways...

May 30, 2011 at 3:47 AM Post #141 of 156
I am currently in the Bay Area, but if the meet is happening this summer, I might be interested. Is it open to everyone?

May 30, 2011 at 11:09 PM Post #143 of 156
Should we have a meet after first week of school?

Jun 2, 2011 at 2:38 PM Post #149 of 156

Quote:
Hello everyone.

In the "Being a student audiophile..." thread, while talking, many of us realized that several of the users responding to the OP were Cal Poly Pomona students, and the idea of a mini-meet came up near the Cal Poly area. Although at first the plan was to have a casual mini meet with some of the cal poly students in the thread, but we thought it would be better if other forum users can attend as well. 

It is likely that the schedule will be planned to accommodate Cal Poly students' school schedules. One of the idea was to have it on the weekend since many of us are free and because parking is free on the weekends. Location-wise, I think it is most likely to be in Cal Poly Pomona campus although that too is still undecided. 

To get things started, we should talk about the idea time frame that allows for most people to come. Also, if one of the cal poly students can look up on what room we can use, that would be very helpful as well.

Otherwise, please post whether you will be able to attend, and if you can, the gears you are willing to bring to the meet! 

For your reference, Cal Poly Pomona's address is 3801 W Temple Ave. Walnut, CA 91789  1 Grand Ave, San Luis Obispo, CA 93407.

I guess I can't go :[  Had my hopes up. 

So is Cal Poly located in San Luis Obispo or located in Pomona?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back