Cal Poly Mini-Meet
Apr 20, 2011 at 7:48 PM Post #91 of 156
Saw someone wearing a pair of Grado's in the library today, but couldn't read the model number. Wouldn't have happened to be any of you would it?

Apr 20, 2011 at 9:38 PM Post #92 of 156
White person? Rayban glasses?

Apr 20, 2011 at 10:36 PM Post #93 of 156
White, yes. Raybans, don't remember. They were on one of the computers in the computer lab on the first floor near the front of the library.

Apr 20, 2011 at 11:16 PM Post #94 of 156
I don't know then. I saw this one dude with grados. Probably sr80's at the most.
Should have another meet where spacewolf can actually go before dead week. week 8 or so.

Bought the Crack! Can't wait to build it!
Let the tube rolling begin!

Apr 21, 2011 at 12:24 PM Post #96 of 156
Nice! Good luck building it!

It would be nice to have another meet this quarter, just pick a date and time. Hopefully I can make it and not swamped with hws, lab reports, and my orbital dynamics project by then.

Apr 22, 2011 at 4:42 AM Post #97 of 156
hey guys so I just purchased some new headphones: one full sized and one in ear.  The IEMs are the meelectric m6s.  Today my apple stock ipod headphones broke on me so I was looking for something inexpensive but this one seemed to be pretty well received on the forums. Only ~$20 also so if they are as good as people say then that's awesome

My full-sized headphones I decided to get the ATH ad900s. What I was really looking for in my next set was a very expansive soundstage so I was mainly looking for open backed models.  I was interested in but unsure about the akg k701s; although I really liked Tinola's k400, there were many mixed reviews about the k70x series so I decided to look around a little more. I found some reviews on the ad900 and basing off those it seemed like the ad900s were pretty much what I was looking for in my next pair of headphones: good bass (although not the most impressive out there), an expansive soundstage comparable to the k701s, and very good, clear detail.

I will definitely let you guys know how they both are once I get them.  So far, I have not decided on a DAC or amp but I'm still searching so maybe I'll find one soon. now comes the wait 
tongue.gif

Apr 22, 2011 at 7:24 PM Post #98 of 156
Wow it's like everyone after the meet went and bought new stuff haha. Enjoy guys, and it would be nice to see them at the next meet!

Today I just went to Audio Ecstasy here in SLO for a couple of hours, I tried some of the Martin Logan electrostat speakers and they were nice...the sound didnt feel like it came from the specific direction of the speaker, it was definitely very interesting. The ones I listened to were $12,000 a pair lol. I also liked the Aktimate active speakers they had, I always wanted to have a nice set of desktop speakers and I might just grab them once I have the funds.

Apr 24, 2011 at 11:42 PM Post #99 of 156
haha, yea i'm looking at DACs and amps. Can't get that ibasso out of my head. Still debating if I need a portable amp or not, or if I should just get a uDAC or something and just deal with the crappy Ipod sound.

Apr 27, 2011 at 3:43 AM Post #100 of 156
ok so i received my Meelectric M6 IEMs in the mail yesterday and so far I like them.  Seeing as I only paid $20 for them the quality is pretty good.  The bass is definitely the strong point of these imo.  They extend pretty far and im hearing low notes that I haven't heard before so that's great 
basshead.gif
.  The mids are also good. they're detailed and the work very well with the bass of these iems.  The treble is easily the weakest link on these though; the highs sound like they're veiled and vocals are really recessed when I listen to them.  These are pretty much the opposite of my srh440s because those don't have too much bass and the highs are very clear.  Although they're not my ideal headphones they were really cheap and the build quality is nice and they look really sweet (I got the clear version so you can see the drivers inside).  I most likely will not be using these for anything other than just walking around to class and stuff and I'll probably look into some better iems in the future, but for now they are a nice replacement for my apple stock earbuds.  One thing that I learned from this purchase is that I now know that I'm more a treble head rather than a bass head.  I do like the added bass, I like it a lot actually, but I'm not really willing to sacrifice good treble for it so that's what I got out of it. Just a little more bass on my 440s would be so wonderful but I still love them 
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm still waiting on my ATH ad900s.  They're tracking status has been "Departure scan at Keasbey, NJ" for the past three days. I've been checking the status literally almost every hour and still no change. curse you fedex!! 
mad.gif

May 4, 2011 at 2:13 AM Post #102 of 156

Quote:
ok so i received my Meelectric M6 IEMs in the mail yesterday and so far I like them.  Seeing as I only paid $20 for them the quality is pretty good.  The bass is definitely the strong point of these imo.  They extend pretty far and im hearing low notes that I haven't heard before so that's great 
basshead.gif
.  The mids are also good. they're detailed and the work very well with the bass of these iems.  The treble is easily the weakest link on these though; the highs sound like they're veiled and vocals are really recessed when I listen to them.  These are pretty much the opposite of my srh440s because those don't have too much bass and the highs are very clear.  Although they're not my ideal headphones they were really cheap and the build quality is nice and they look really sweet (I got the clear version so you can see the drivers inside).  I most likely will not be using these for anything other than just walking around to class and stuff and I'll probably look into some better iems in the future, but for now they are a nice replacement for my apple stock earbuds.  One thing that I learned from this purchase is that I now know that I'm more a treble head rather than a bass head.  I do like the added bass, I like it a lot actually, but I'm not really willing to sacrifice good treble for it so that's what I got out of it. Just a little more bass on my 440s would be so wonderful but I still love them 
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm still waiting on my ATH ad900s.  They're tracking status has been "Departure scan at Keasbey, NJ" for the past three days. I've been checking the status literally almost every hour and still no change. curse you fedex!! 
mad.gif

The AD900's show up yet?

May 4, 2011 at 2:57 AM Post #103 of 156
My Crack is on its way :D Will have it up and running hopefully by sunday. Will be a stock build for now. Gonna upgrade caps, headphone jack, volume pot later on.

May 4, 2011 at 3:22 AM Post #104 of 156
e7/e9 showed up today. Super happy with it, I still can't get over how much better it sounds than my crappy little turtle beach. It's like having whole new headphones. Base is more present and cleaner, much better separation and the mids have come forward slightly which is sorely needed on my a700's. My source is no longer the bottle-neck of my system. Now I have my eye's on some thunderpants! DIY ftw.

May 4, 2011 at 2:30 PM Post #105 of 156
Quote:
My Crack is on its way
biggrin.gif
Will have it up and running hopefully by sunday. Will be a stock build for now. Gonna upgrade caps, headphone jack, volume pot later on.

Have fun building it!

Quote:
e7/e9 showed up today. Super happy with it, I still can't get over how much better it sounds than my crappy little turtle beach. It's like having whole new headphones. Base is more present and cleaner, much better separation and the mids have come forward slightly which is sorely needed on my a700's. My source is no longer the bottle-neck of my system. Now I have my eye's on some thunderpants! DIY ftw.

lol I'm glad you like your new source, it makes a significant difference if your previous one was not up to par.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back