Caffeine addicts anonymous
Mar 27, 2017 at 1:24 AM Post #2,191 of 3,173

My cold solution. Expensive, and possibly only availabile in Montana, but it's nothing like any other Chai I've had. Very strong cinnamon, black pepper, and other spice flavors. Not like normal Chai in America which just tastes like gingerbread

Mar 27, 2017 at 5:27 AM Post #2,192 of 3,173

How much do you make at one time?

Speaking of cold brew, I tried some of Starbucks cold brew for the first time today. It was certainly better than I expected it to be, not overly sweet and had some good flavor. Usually the only drink I order from them is a quadruple flat white but this may find its way into to rotation during my rare visits.

I make about a Qt. at a time. I dilute (with milk) 1:2 not 1:3 a some will do, I like it strong.

Mar 27, 2017 at 9:53 PM Post #2,194 of 3,173
  Drinking this now. It's weak, but at least has an interesting orange cream taste.

This reminds me of the Monster Extra Strength. Funny thing is that they only have like 20mg more caffeine than a regular sized one.

Also, got myself another batch of cold brew going for tomorrow.

Mar 27, 2017 at 10:29 PM Post #2,195 of 3,173
  This reminds me of the Monster Extra Strength. Funny thing is that they only have like 20mg more caffeine than a regular sized one.

Monster Extra Strength is way more powerful than anything by Rockstar as far as I know, as well as the normal flavor of Monster. As you know, caffeine content is one of many factors.

Mar 31, 2017 at 10:28 AM Post #2,197 of 3,173
So after two weeks of that stupid diet and taking medicine, I am still about he same as when I started. Yaaay.
On the bright side I can have coffee again. Gonna grab some cold brew later. Headed in to get a second opinion later today before they do tests.

Mar 31, 2017 at 11:06 AM Post #2,198 of 3,173
So after two weeks of that stupid diet and taking medicine, I am still about he same as when I started. Yaaay.
On the bright side I can have coffee again. Gonna grab some cold brew later. Headed in to get a second opinion later today before they do tests.

Maybe it's all that Cajun food that's to strident for your tummy. Does that diet include spicy food, or just profiteroles?
tongue_smile.gif
 Profiteroles wash down nicely with coffee.

Mar 31, 2017 at 1:18 PM Post #2,201 of 3,173
Ah, but I'm lazy and pouring some chai from a jug in the fridge is faster than hand grinding beans for espresso.

Mar 31, 2017 at 1:23 PM Post #2,202 of 3,173
  Ah, but I'm lazy and pouring some chai from a jug in the fridge is faster than hand grinding beans for espresso.

I don't hand grind, I have a semi-automatic machine that grinds, packs the puck, makes the espresso/coffee and ejects the puck into a container. If you want to froth milk, that requires using the steaming wand, hence  semi-automatic, a rather good one comes with the machine. So, I'm lazy too. I get cold brew from the fridge.

Mar 31, 2017 at 1:31 PM Post #2,203 of 3,173
I use a Japanese Porlex grinder, which is a ceramic burr grinder. Wouldnt mind a good electric burr grinder, but I honestly kinda like hand grinding it. Makes it more personal.

https://www.amazon.com/Porlex-Mini-Stainless-Coffee-Grinder/dp/B0044ZA066

Mar 31, 2017 at 2:46 PM Post #2,205 of 3,173
  I use a Japanese Porlex grinder, which is a ceramic burr grinder. Wouldnt mind a good electric burr grinder, but I honestly kinda like hand grinding it. Makes it more personal.

https://www.amazon.com/Porlex-Mini-Stainless-Coffee-Grinder/dp/B0044ZA066

I'm both too lazy and too impatient for that. As said, I have the burr grinder built into my espresso machine and another standalone burr grinder which I use for making cold brew or grinding a different bean for making an individual serving in the espresso machine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back