CAE Speaker Kit tweaks a DVD like magic
Jul 7, 2004 at 12:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

paulflowe

New Head-Fier
I decided to try a small piece of damping sheet from a CASCADE SK-1 SPEAKER KIT I have at home, inside my Pioneer DVD player. Listening to Alison Moyet before and after successive applications of the material brought about cleaner, clearer vocals and a 'blacker' background. I could tell when she was breathing in before, after application of the material I could almost feel her breathing in. I started off with a small piece of the material on the inside top cover, eventually placing appropriately sized pieces on most exposed thin-metal surfaces, and even the underside of the transport tray and around the coax digital output from the player. The player now weighs more, and sounds better. It was already on Vibrapods and a Soundstyle rack, but this tweak has made a remarkable improvement.

For £5 (in the UK, via Partsexpress) I recommend this tweak whole-heartedly. Obviously take care not to cover grills etc and watch any heat buildup. CAE state that heat shouldn't be an issue, however take care and only use as much as you really need.

Can anyone recommend a good UK-spec power lead? Cleaner power into the unit is my next tweak - I might try to make one myself and if there's a good recipe available then please let me know! Thanks and happy listening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back