cadas rca jack
Mar 6, 2009 at 10:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

adolphe

Head-Fier
This is likely a very silly question, but how do I terminate the ground wire on this Cardas female rca jack? Am I supposed to have some other part that helps me do this? Or is meant to be ground to chassis?

Cardas Audio

Mar 7, 2009 at 3:09 AM Post #4 of 7
many RCA are like this; not just cardas. but I agree the cardas ones are the most extreme I have used

Mar 8, 2009 at 6:06 PM Post #5 of 7
Best bet use Quadeutectic solder or sn62 pre-tin the little notch in the connector and the wire. We use Weller 100watt irons with 750 degree pencil tips. The faster you get in and out the cooler the connector stays, hotter tips are better all around. It is the same with most all audio connectors a 750 degree tip allow the joint to be made without heating the whole connector. We have done a million of them.

Ps: Activated rosin flux is amazing for this application.

Mar 9, 2009 at 12:45 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by georgecardas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Best bet use Quadeutectic solder or sn62 pre-tin the little notch in the connector and the wire. We use Weller 100watt irons with 750 degree pencil tips. The faster you get in and out the cooler the connector stays, hotter tips are better all around. It is the same with most all audio connectors a 750 degree tip allow the joint to be made without heating the whole connector. We have done a million of them.

Ps: Activated rosin flux is amazing for this application.

I couldn't agree more; I use your flux on just about everything. and Quadeutectic; although I do venture to the darkside every now and again and use WBT
evil_smiley.gif
but 90% of the time its cardas all the way. cant say I use the RCA though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back