Cables?
Apr 2, 2003 at 9:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

oas

Head-Fier
I have a few question as I am a newbie to this stuff.
biggrin.gif
I am looking into accuring some Senn HD600's and I was wondering about cables for both the Senn's and my pcdp. How much of an improvement would I get if I replaced the cables on the 600's and is there a guide for making cables?
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 2, 2003 at 11:04 PM Post #2 of 7
hey aos,I don't own senns so i can not answer that question but this is one of those questions that crosses forums so I will put this in the cable forum also

Rick

Apr 4, 2003 at 7:30 AM Post #4 of 7
Figure out a way to burn in the senns for 100 to 200 hours.

Then get a headphone amp (portable). This will make the phones sound much nicer. A cable will help, but not until you do the previous mentioned things.

Apr 4, 2003 at 7:23 PM Post #5 of 7
making the cable is not easy. if this would be your first venture into DIY cables, forget it... the stock cable would perform better.

that said, there is no measurable difference between the stock and a Cards hd600, in terms of sound quality (though the other cables have shielding, which might help in extrme circumstances) but you can think what you wish... most people on this forum would disagree with this viewpoint, using subjective comments. you might be able to see a degradation in sound quality with sensative measureing equipment with the Clou and Equinox cables since they are splicing connectors to their own wires, which results in extra soldering joints.... which is bad. Cardas does it the way it's supposed to be done: directly soldered to the plugs.

Apr 4, 2003 at 7:41 PM Post #6 of 7
please don't use your HD600's out of a PCDP.

If you are going to get headphones just for a portable, go with HD590's since they do not need a headphone amp.

A PCDP will NOT power HD600's unless it is a D-25S.

Apr 4, 2003 at 9:36 PM Post #7 of 7
Until you upgrade your amp/source, big money on fancy cables is cash down the drain.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back