Cables suggestions for a stero Y splitter (3.5mm, 3 options inside)
Jul 17, 2009 at 6:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

panda67

Head-Fier
I am looking to make my own Y splitter for my headphones so it will be going into a 3.5mm plug, but im stuck on the cable options. I have managed to narrow it down to three options.

Mogami 2799
Canare L-4E5C
Or the silver coated copper from navships on ebay.

Anyone have any input on this?

Jul 17, 2009 at 6:20 PM Post #2 of 6
Shameless bump to first page ;/

Jul 17, 2009 at 10:46 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Omega /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There are many threads on this, do a search. Empower yourself to find the answer you want!

Sadly, no search i did gave me the data i needed for this application. I did spend a few days gathering info on these boards and thats how i came down to these particular models of cable. Some posts say XYZ, others say ABC. I was looking for info for my application.

The recommendations go both ways, i was just looking for input, for my application. So you should not assume i didn't search.

If you can search and find an answer for my question then, i need you to teach me how to search.

------

On a side note i think the Canare may be too thick for this application. The male connector i will be using is the Neutrik NYS231BG due to size constraints.

Jul 18, 2009 at 1:20 AM Post #5 of 6
If you believe in "cable acoustics" then you'll just have to try out each one. I use a lot of Canare cable and its good stuff. Others say Mogami is a better version of Canare, it'll be the next cable I try out. Just build one, and try it out. Then build another with a different cable, experimentation is the only way really. And it's cheap anyways...

I also use a lot of the cheap Neutrik 3.5 mm connectors and I always have to drill there ends out for the larger Canare Starquad. For a "nice", over kill, cable I like to use Switchcraft plugs and they accept the larger cable diameters.

*edit* You can't go wrong with any of those choices, though Canare and Mogami will be easier to use (already twisted and shielded).

Jul 18, 2009 at 3:31 AM Post #6 of 6
Alright, i ordered 10' of each, ill get some cable from nav when he comes back from vacation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back