Cable yellowing over time
Mar 5, 2023 at 4:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

hd101

New Head-Fier
I know this has probably been covered many times before but what do people usually do about this? Do people just accept that fact that cables turn yellow over time? It just seems unsightly, especially if you've spent hundreds, if not thousands, on a cable for it to turn yellow.

Makes it feel like cables are a throwaway accessory after a few years. If that's the case then it seems insane to spend thousands on a cable.

It would be interesting to get your thoughts.

Mar 5, 2023 at 5:13 PM Post #2 of 9
You can get them white again with the Scrubbing Bubbles bathroom cleaner. Soft scrub with bleach can do it also, but the bubbles cleaner will whiten up plastic or cables the best.

Mar 5, 2023 at 5:59 PM Post #3 of 9
Thanks, I will have a look into that. Glad to know that it can be whitened ahain.

It seems that cables also harden/stiffen over time but I don't think much can be done about that.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2023 at 6:09 PM Post #4 of 9
I know this has probably been covered many times before but what do people usually do about this? Do people just accept that fact that cables turn yellow over time? It just seems unsightly, especially if you've spent hundreds, if not thousands, on a cable for it to turn yellow.

Makes it feel like cables are a throwaway accessory after a few years. If that's the case then it seems insane to spend thousands on a cable.

It would be interesting to get your thoughts.
What type of cable? Speaker, interconnect?

Mar 5, 2023 at 6:57 PM Post #6 of 9
use AT-205 re-seal to re-vive PFE then wait day after to treat with 303 aero space protectant ( repeat if need)
both product is avaible at amazon, and all reviews is there
note: we use that in aerospace industry to treat : plastic/rubber/seal on boat and automobile also, i do treat them first days and still going well years later ( especially Z1R OG hook and cable )
regards

Mar 5, 2023 at 7:32 PM Post #7 of 9
use AT-205 re-seal to re-vive PFE then wait day after to treat with 303 aero space protectant ( repeat if need)
both product is avaible at amazon, and all reviews is there
note: we use that in aerospace industry to treat : plastic/rubber/seal on boat and automobile also, i do treat them first days and still going well years later ( especially Z1R OG hook and cable )
regards
Thanks! I will have a look into these two products. Hoping it works well for me top.

Mar 5, 2023 at 8:11 PM Post #8 of 9
plz< if you need more wet and hi gloss finition, i also use : high gloss KLASSE sealant glaze another product for car detail and keep wet gloss for month ans re-apply if need
can also get thru amazon KLASSE product

Mar 6, 2023 at 12:07 AM Post #9 of 9
all my cables are black or colored, if they turned yellow, I would want to slit my neck, I paid too damn much for my cables!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back