Cable Won't Uncurl
Apr 13, 2011 at 12:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

berniebennybernard

100+ Head-Fier

I recently acquired a Null Audio Enyo Cable for my TF10s. However, I can't seem to stop it from curling.

I owned the Lune Cable before (step up from the Enyo) and this never happened. I've tried curling it the opposite way, and letting it hang, but nothing seems to make it straight.

Perhaps it's something with the way it's braided? Kevin from Null Audio said that the Lune has a nylon sleeve, which is why I probably didn't have this problem before.

Apr 13, 2011 at 12:43 AM Post #2 of 9

Quote:

I recently acquired a Null Audio Enyo Cable for my TF10s. However, I can't seem to stop it from curling.

I owned the Lune Cable before (step up from the Enyo) and this never happened. I've tried curling it the opposite way, and letting it hang, but nothing seems to make it straight.

Perhaps it's something with the way it's braided? Kevin from Null Audio said that the Lune has a nylon sleeve, which is why I probably didn't have this problem before.

Tried this?

biggrin.gif

Sounds like the wires are maintaining the bias they had from being spooled.

Perhaps try warming it up with a blow dryer?

se

Apr 14, 2011 at 4:54 AM Post #5 of 9
Hmm. I think it's something to do with the way the cable is braided. It naturally wants to curl back up the way it was when I got it out of the box. The blowdryer trick seemed to make the cable more straight, but the moment a bend or curve is introduced to the cable, it begins to loop again.

Apr 14, 2011 at 11:01 AM Post #6 of 9

Quote:
Hmm. I think it's something to do with the way the cable is braided. It naturally wants to curl back up the way it was when I got it out of the box. The blowdryer trick seemed to make the cable more straight, but the moment a bend or curve is introduced to the cable, it begins to loop again.

I don't think it's the way the cable is braided. It appears to be a simple, symmetrical quad braid. If the cable has any bias (i.e. a tendency to want to return to a particular shape), it's most likely due to the wire insulation.

Have you talked to Null Audio about this yet?

se

Apr 14, 2011 at 11:10 PM Post #7 of 9

Quote:
I don't think it's the way the cable is braided. It appears to be a simple, symmetrical quad braid. If the cable has any bias (i.e. a tendency to want to return to a particular shape), it's most likely due to the wire insulation.

Have you talked to Null Audio about this yet?

se

What do you suggest I should do?

This is his reply:

Quote:
Hi Bernie,

If cable is kept in small box/pouch, this will happen.

Lune series cable has a Nylon sleeve which could prevent the looping up. However, it cannot be applied to Enyo cable.

Best Regards,
Kevin K. Wang

Users who are viewing this thread

Back