Cable with specific plugs
Jan 14, 2017 at 10:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

LargoCantabile

100+ Head-Fier
Does a 150mm/ 60 inch cable exist with a balanced TRRS 3.5 plug on one end and a USB Type B? To use to connect a new Geek Out GO2A form my computer as output to my Sony Net Stereo System? Where, preferably in Bangkok or Asia? Thanks

Jan 24, 2017 at 2:18 AM Post #3 of 7
I only know I had wanted the output from GO2A in be played through my Sony systems Speakers. All I know is that at present I use a USB cable form my computer to link to a USB port at the back of my Sony system. I ah not thought what kind of output it is. I guees from G)2A then it will be analog and I must input it into my Sony system via the little red and yellow plug thingys I have no Idea what you call them. Can I find a cable with TRRS that splits then into two leads that must get plugged into the Sony? What do I call it? I live in Thailand and it is impossible to explain all this in English to a shop. I just need to give them the name of the thing and then it's ok. I have to rorder it from Bnagkok as I stay in the North.
Thanks so far for advice advice.

Jan 24, 2017 at 1:08 PM Post #4 of 7
  I guees from G)2A then it will be analog and I must input it into my Sony system via the little red and yellow plug thingys I have no Idea what you call them.

You've got that right - however you'll need to use the GO2A's single-ended output, most likely, to connect to your mini system. This would be a standard 3.5 mm stereo (TRS) mini-plug on one end with the other end terminating in a pair of RCA connectors. Something like this (Blue Jeans MSA-1):

Jan 30, 2017 at 12:21 PM Post #5 of 7
Thanks Guys
I got The Go2A hooked up audio analog in to my Sony. I had to use an old laptop as clever Lh Labs ahve designed the male USB on the GO2A so that if I pug it into my new HP it either block the other USB ports or the ethernet port. They really dont design or think things through.

The little red box runs very hot. and the software loaded and the Sony set to analog in and I am now listening to Haydn String Quartets. Whether the sound is better or worse I have no way of telling. It seems very clear and precisely delicate. I usually use very modern classical composers to check the audio quality as many make use not only of the whole dynamic range but also the whole frequency range so I can judge more easily. My favourite to use is a piece called Awakening by Tuur and Estonian or Latvian composer.

Yep this recording just had some audience clapping and that sounded remarkably clear so must be doing its job.
Just a little worried at how hot it runs. Can this little red box last long at those temps should I put a small fan to blow on it too cool it. I mean I sometimes listen to music 8 hours at a stretch or longer.

I hope the Wave has a better way of dissipating heat. I mainly have the airocn on but temp avg in CM is around 35-36 C for 6 months of the year and around 30C the rest.

Thanks for all your help.

Jan 30, 2017 at 9:55 PM Post #6 of 7
  I only know I had wanted the output from GO2A in be played through my Sony systems Speakers. All I know is that at present I use a USB cable form my computer to link to a USB port at the back of my Sony system. I ah not thought what kind of output it is. I guees from G)2A then it will be analog and I must input it into my Sony system via the little red and yellow plug thingys I have no Idea what you call them. Can I find a cable with TRRS that splits then into two leads that must get plugged into the Sony? What do I call it? I live in Thailand and it is impossible to explain all this in English to a shop. I just need to give them the name of the thing and then it's ok. I have to rorder it from Bnagkok as I stay in the North.
Thanks so far for advice advice.

That's a TRRS to RCA cable, not one that involves USB for the digital input of your Sony.

Ask this seller if he can make it with the appropriate size TRRS plug and and the length you need.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRRS-2-5mm-Balanced-TO-2-RCA-Male-Audio-Adapter-Cable-For-AK240-/121507475674

Jan 31, 2017 at 9:05 AM Post #7 of 7
Yes I know actually that is what I needed not USB. and I am advsied that TRS is better used in this situation than TRRS, from SE output and not to use he Bal out put of the GO2A.
Anywya its up and running. The GO2A runs pretty hot which alramed me but I am assured that is ok. The sound is a definetley improvemnet over just the old USB input form the laptop.
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back