Cable vs Satellite
Jun 5, 2008 at 9:57 PM Post #16 of 17
I had cable and Directv for a long time because I get my internet via cable and also wanted NFL Sunday Ticket. Personally, I prefer Directv and dropped the cable TV (only - still use cable internet) when Directv added my local channels in HD. The picture was similar on my HDTV, but Directv has a lot more HD channels.

When we have a really bad storm, we will lose the signal for a while. However, cable had random outages that were not related to weather. Also, we had a very damaging flat wind come through a few years ago that made my satellite go out for about 5 minutes. At the same time, people were without cable for several weeks and in some cases over a month. I was very happy to have Directv. I bet when you add up the random weather signal loss from satellite, it comes nowhere close to the number of random outages we had from cable (even when you exclude the major outage I mentioned above).

Jun 6, 2008 at 1:18 AM Post #17 of 17
Neither. Get a set-top HD box or ATSC>NTSC converter and get free digital. Television sucks ass IMO.

As fer internet, I just read that the US pays more for broadband but still averages far lower than most other countries, like Japan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back