Cable use and burn in
May 23, 2005 at 7:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Dimitris

Headphoneus Supremus
Lately I have got a custom made mini to mini cable from a fellow head-fier and i really love it. My question now is the following: since the cable has both sides ending to a mini jack, i cant tell the 2 sides. Should i burn the cable and use it randomly or should i use a specific end for source and the other for the amp? I know it sounds silly but I was just wondering.
biggrin.gif

May 23, 2005 at 11:36 AM Post #2 of 6
I'm not an expert on this. I only know of cables which the manufacturer claim to be directional. Cardas is one well known example. A construction detail could be that the return (ground) is not connected at the amp-side connector. Usually these cables have arrows pointing away from the source or a text, you read from the source to the amp.

If the cable is not directional, I would nevertheless mark one connector as the source side, and burn it in that way. Don't ask me why
biggrin.gif

May 25, 2005 at 3:24 PM Post #5 of 6
I burn in everything !

by using it for the duty it was designed to perform.
wink.gif

Let the cable companies worry about cable cookers,just enjoy the jams man.the cable burning will take care of itself
cool.gif

May 25, 2005 at 6:13 PM Post #6 of 6
as mentioned earlier, dont worrry about burn it and enjoy the cable. if you have ask if its directional, chances are it is not.

plug either end to either jack doesnt matter which way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back