Cable Upgrade for HD600
Feb 21, 2008 at 5:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

manofmathematics

500+ Head-Fier
I've been doing a lot of reading into upgrading the cable for my HD600. I was first leaning towards a Zu Mobius, but after some more research I feel that the two best options for me are Cardas or Moon Audio Blue Dragon.

So here I am digging a deeper hole of debt with all of you knowledgable and experienced Head-Fiers....

Anyone have any thoughts or recommendations for me?

Thanks,

-Tom

Feb 21, 2008 at 6:31 PM Post #3 of 7
Yeah, there is no shortage of information concerning the Cardas cable around here. What I have found concerning the Blue Dragon has been very positive as well.

Maybe I should be asking if there is anyone who has compared both and has an opinion about any differences that may exist.

Feb 21, 2008 at 7:28 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by manofmathematics /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, there is no shortage of information concerning the Cardas cable around here. What I have found concerning the Blue Dragon has been very positive as well.

Maybe I should be asking if there is anyone who has compared both and has an opinion about any differences that may exist.

I've usually suggested the Cardas with the HD600s - adds warmth, clarity and detail.

But... I've found the RAL Cryo-Silver Senn cable to be even better, if you like the utmost clarity and detail in the Senns (just a little less warm than the Cardas, but great detail, clarity and impact).

And... you might even consider the APureSound v3 - a silver coated copper cable sealed in Teflon - which sounds like it might be great with the Senns (just a guess). This could be a nice combo between the Cardas and the RAL.

Feb 22, 2008 at 9:00 AM Post #7 of 7
i'm thinking about going with APS v3 cable. heard it sounds better than the cardas and ral. but RAL makes killer cables from what i've heard on here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back