Cable tuning @ ultrasone pro750
May 14, 2008 at 5:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Rotti

New Head-Fier
Hi,

i`d like to "upgrade" my pro 750 in terms of changing the cable. I guess i take a sommer cable but the only main problem is, to get the cable into the headphone input. Cause on this headphone you have to screw the plug into the winding of the pro 750.

Therefore i need the correct adaptor which inculded the right winding...but the problem here is, or rather i heard that there is no standard for windings.

Could anybody help me in this case?

edit: i don`t like the moon-audio solution...thats too much for my wallet, i only need the adaptor

bye alex

Jul 6, 2008 at 9:20 AM Post #4 of 8
Is there an American store equivalent? I'd like to investigate a replacement cable for my proline 750s, without spending $150 from Ultrasone USA. Anything around, bang-for-buck?

Jul 6, 2008 at 11:24 PM Post #5 of 8
I just did a Cardas rewire for a pr. of Proline 650's. I used the original miniplug with threaded shank from the extra coiled cable that came with the phones. Actually worked out quite well. With a razor knife and cut the rubber casing along the side, cutting along the continuos line down the seam of the strain relief. It opened up making it easy to remove the plug. Once the wires were soldered and checked for continuity I reused the casing covering it with heat shrink to seal it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 6, 2008 at 11:42 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by flitflint /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there an American store equivalent? I'd like to investigate a replacement cable for my proline 750s, without spending $150 from Ultrasone USA. Anything around, bang-for-buck?

Very happy with eth product and a very personal service ensured good delivery and spec of cable required.

Happy Listening.

Jul 7, 2008 at 11:38 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sceptre /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very happy with eth product and a very personal service ensured good delivery and spec of cable required.

Happy Listening.

How about posting a picture? Thanks.

Oct 8, 2009 at 6:05 PM Post #8 of 8
Hi, I have been looking for a thread about cable upgrading, but can't find any related to Ultrasone Pro 750 specifically. Im planning on a 10 feet cable at 265$ or a 10 feet Cardas at 200$, so, wich one is better and does it really improve the amazing sound the Pro 750 already have?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back