Cable Stiff After 2 Months - How To Make It Flexible Again?
Sep 18, 2009 at 4:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

active

New Head-Fier
I enjoyed how flexible the cable of my new SA6 IEMs was, but after 2 months of usage it became very stiff. In some parts it is still possible to bend it almost like before, in others it's hard and cable stays in the bent shape (memory effect). Seems like not much time left till it begins cracking or brakes. Yeah, and it's microphonic now, btw.

I've read somewhere in forums that wiping/washing with a soupy water would help, but it didn't for mine.
Any other ideas how to return the cable it's flexibility back?

Sep 21, 2009 at 1:35 PM Post #2 of 7
hmm... sounds to me that maybe you should email info@sleek-audio.com to get some help.

I hear they have a very good customer service...
wink.gif

We have a whole new cable that wont get stiff.

Oct 24, 2009 at 9:46 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew C /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hmm... sounds to me that maybe you should email info@sleek-audio.com to get some help.

I hear they have a very good customer service...
wink.gif

We have a whole new cable that wont get stiff.

Since when do you sell this new cable? i'm having the same problems after replacing the cable twice! I'm a bit hesitant to get a new one. It's actually also the reason i'm hesitant about buying the wireless unit.

Oct 26, 2009 at 1:23 PM Post #4 of 7
My 2008 wireless and wired cables are perfectly fine.

Don't mind if I ask, do you let the cables come in contact with your sweat often ?

During wired usage, the cables are in contact with my clothing, hence away from sweat.
During wireless usage, the cables are in mid air, while only the wireless receiver is touching the sweat, so no problem too.

So it might be due to the sweat ?

Nov 2, 2009 at 8:49 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Junliang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So it might be due to the sweat ?

Might be, don't know for sure. It became stiff in the middle between L/R pin connectors and the Y-split. None of other cables I use ever got stiff like that. I sent it to Sleek-Audio after the cable developed an other issue and received a replacement soon.
If anything happens to my new pair, I will not be bothered too much, because while waiting for a replacement I made a custom cable with these http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f21/cu...-plugs-449026/ and it is as good as the original cable.

Nov 2, 2009 at 11:03 AM Post #6 of 7
o.o nice link !
Oooo.. so nokia use the same barrel port as SA eh..
smily_headphones1.gif

DIY SA cables anyone ? *evil grin*

Nov 8, 2009 at 12:07 PM Post #7 of 7
Yes, I hear they are finalising new cables now, but I have not had mine replaced yet. Mine too has become stiff and at the 'strain relief' has broken. I will be taking lots of high-res pictures when it arrives and putting it through a torture test to see if it really doesn't get bad from sweat.

My CT6 are eagerly awaiting the new cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back