Cable replacement for Ultrasone Pro 900?
Mar 26, 2010 at 4:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

eobet

100+ Head-Fier
The Ultrasone Pro 900 comes with a 3m cable that screws into the headphone on one end, and has a 1/4 inch plug on the other end.

Can I buy a cable online that is shorter AND has a 1/8 inch plug, which will fit the Ultrasone Pro 900 headphones?

I've never seen the plug with the threads before, but perhaps it's common for full size headphones?

Mar 26, 2010 at 5:43 PM Post #2 of 4
Ultrasone sells an 80 cm cable I believe.
Ultrasone have their own solution I have not seen that on other headphones as well.

Moon audio make replacement cables and there is others as well I am sure. Be sure to make your research about stiffness of those cables... Many add on cables are not that suitable for portable use.

Mar 26, 2010 at 7:13 PM Post #3 of 4
Thank you for the information!

The Ultrasone 80cm cable seems a bit difficult to buy, but I've contacted my local distributor. If I don't get a reply, I'll have to see how I can order from Moon Audio.

Mar 26, 2010 at 7:43 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by eobet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Ultrasone Pro 900 comes with a 3m cable that screws into the headphone on one end, and has a 1/4 inch plug on the other end.

Can I buy a cable online that is shorter AND has a 1/8 inch plug, which will fit the Ultrasone Pro 900 headphones?

I've never seen the plug with the threads before, but perhaps it's common for full size headphones?

Here is the order page from the Ultrasone website for the straight cable for iPod:

Ultrasone Inc. 49202 - Cable - PRO series - iPod

and here is the order page for the coiled cable which has a 1/4" plug:

Ultrasone Inc. 42202 - Cable - PRO series - Coiled

You can buy an adapter to change the size of the plug. They are easy to find. Here, for example, is a page from Ebay advertising one:

New Belkin 1/4" Stereo to 3.5mm Mini Headphone Adapter! - eBay (item 370354472229 end time Mar-26-10 14:18:42 PDT)

I hope this helps. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back