Cable recommendation for Focal Elegia connected to Topping DX5 DAC/Amp
Aug 14, 2023 at 5:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Toshu

100+ Head-Fier
I would like some suggestions where to get a custom cable made, or if something good is available in stock.

I would like to get a longer cable to use with my new set up that is at least as good, if not better than the factory Focal cable. I'm considering a 10 ft cable with a threaded 3.5mm TRS , Although I don't have anything that is currently 3.5mm to plug into, so maybe just a 1/4" TRS termination.
I need the longer cable to use when I am working in my office space. How much sound degradation will I be experiencing due to the length?
I obviously don't want to spend a ton of money since I have only spent $320 on the Focal Elegias and the same for the Topping DX5.

Aug 14, 2023 at 7:39 PM Post #2 of 5
I would put up a 'want to buy' here and on Reddit rather than spend on a custom cable for the Elegia.

Aug 14, 2023 at 8:37 PM Post #4 of 5
Any suggestions on brands I should look for?
The cheaper popular ones are made by Hart and Periapt, but I believe that's the case because they were one time popularized by reviewers. I've owned an AudiophileNinja and it was well made but nothing special. I'd say take it case by case on what you get offered--10 foot length might be a little harder to come by.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back