Cable question: Mogami W2893 vs Tasker TSK1044
May 12, 2008 at 10:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

ludoo

1000+ Head-Fier
I have never been a big believer in cables, but last week I recabled my AKG K171 with Mogami W2893 mini quad, and the improvement over the stock cable was definitely noticeable.

I then started looking around for cable to be bought locally in order to recable some of my other headphones, as nobody seems to sell the Mogami here, and I have to pay shipping from the UK on top of its already expensive price.

I found out that Tasker, a company which specializes in audio/video/cables, is located here in Milan, and managed to track down a store that could order the mini-quad TSK 1044 from the factory. It costs 1.50 euros a metre (1.00 if bought in bulk, 100mt.), and has an attractive night blue insulation. I tried it on my AKG K401, which had a botched recable done by the previous owner, and it sounds pretty good to my hears.

So before I go ahead and start recabling more phone with the Tasker cables, I would like to know your opinions on the difference (if any) between the TSK 1044 (specs here) and the W2893 (specs here). Are any of you using the Tasker cable? Have you tried a comparison between it and the Mogami?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back