cable pro balnced xlr interconnects
Feb 23, 2015 at 7:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

buson160man

1000+ Head-Fier
 I have just purchased a set of cable pro balanced  xlr interconnects for my desk top computer set up . I sometimes watch Netflix movies on my desk top monitor set up. I have been using  a set of nordost heimdall balanced xlr interconnect that I purchased from music direct last year at their close  out price. It is the original heimdall cable which has been superseded by the new version 2 . So my comments about the differences in sound relate to the original hemdalll cables.
   I have had my heimdalls for awhile and they are pretty much fleshed in having had them for over six months now. I had some experience with the cable pro reverie rca cables which I had for several months longer . They replaced a set of nordost heimdall rca interconnects. I found the reveries to be more revealing and more resolute than the heimdall rca cables.
   So I decided to replace my heimdall balanced xlrs on my desk top set up. I use them with a teac ud501 dac feeding a set of emotiva airmotive 5 monitors(the original version) which has a front panel attenuator for volume adjustment. The teac ud 501 has a volume control but only for headphones. So I use the attenuators on the emotiva monitors to control the volume. I hooked up the reverie balanced cable today and watched some Netflix movies . My initial impression is the reveries with no break in time on them is that they definitely are more resolute and have superior sound quality to my broken in nordost heimdall xlr cables. The reveries are definitely here to stay or at least till I hear something better. That will probably be quite awhile because I am already more than pleased by the added resolution that the reverie brings to the table. It will probably get even better with more time on the cable.
   But I am happy already with the new cable. While not inexpensive the reveries are priced at least at a level that is approachable to most people.
   I will try to make further comments when I have more time on the cables.

Feb 25, 2015 at 7:09 AM Post #2 of 2
Well it has been a couple of days now and things are sounding promising. I suppose that there will be more improvement to come but things are sounding pretty good so far. It is already sounding better than my nordost heimdall balanced cables (version 1) . While they were not inexpensive they are not as expensive as the heimdall 2 and mine are five footers. I can not comment about the heimdall 2s because I have not heard them but the reverie is clearly better than the original heimdall interconnect . There is just plain higher resolution with the reverie . I am hearing more information and the sound is more dynamic as well . Things sound more natural as well with the reverie as compared to my heimdall version 1 balanced cables. I did opt for the better puresonic xlr connectors on my cable. The better xlr connectors are really nice.
 Ted at cable pro is really high on the puresonic xlr connecors.
     I have to say I am becoming a big fan of the cable pro reverie cables. I have them pretty much on everything. I am happy with their power cables as well and have them on most of my equipment.. They work a lot better than my kubala sosna emotion power cables . And they cost a whole lot less than the emotion power cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back