Cable or connection? (Senn HD545 Question)
Sep 27, 2005 at 12:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Eien

New Head-Fier
I recently got a pair of Sennheiser HD545s (used) and the person I got them from said that either the cable or the connection inside one of the ears is not quite right. The volume is more apparent in the right ear, which is quite annoying. Merely setting the L-R balance seems to throw the sound off a bit (running off a computer [hoping to get an amp soon, on a really low budget though.])
But to the point: I think it's the cables, as wiggling the left jack a bit temporarily fixes the problem. Now, these cables look the exact same as what are already in, but I want to double check that A) the cables will work and B) the cables are in fact the problem.

Thanks in advance

Sep 27, 2005 at 3:57 PM Post #2 of 4
I have a pair of HD545 Senns I bought about ten years ago. If we have the same model, you are probably experiencing a connector problem rather than a cable failure. Mine started cutting out within the first year. This is a known issue with the older 5XX and 600 Senns. I think there's an illustrated thread that shows the fix. Maybe someone will offer a link.

Anyway, according to SennheiserUSA's replacement parts list, the same cable is used for the 545, 585, 600 and others, so the cable should fit.

Regards,

BW

Users who are viewing this thread

Back