Cable needed for Etymotic ER4SR phones
Oct 8, 2021 at 3:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

abr88

New Head-Fier
I bought an Etymotic replacement cable 4 months ago from Amazon ( https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004I62GXQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ) and the insulation is already wearing off. I think they'll let me return it to Etymotic but they say it will take a month for them to process (Covid, whatever).

Please can someone point me exactly to a replacement cable I can buy through Amazon that you know would work with my ER4SR? (And probably cheaper than the outlandish $100 or so that Etymotic charges!) Some cables ask customer to specify plug length (2.5 mm, 3.5 mm, 4 mm) when ordering -- not sure what that refers to but I guess all I need to know is which length I should order.

I would really appreciate any help! Thank you.

IMG_1512.jpeg

Feb 5, 2022 at 10:02 AM Post #2 of 2
Hi, and sorry for replying so late - I have only just become aware of these earphones and have ordered a (second hand) pair which should arrive next week. From the look of your picture, I would have thought you (or someone with soldering skills) could simply solder a new plug onto the wire - I.E. cut off the old plug and remake the cable with a new connector. I may be after buying/modifying extra cables for mine (balanced etc) so will post my findings (If any !) on here. If you did find a suitable replacement, I would be glad to know where to start looking. Cheers !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back