Cable in Sony X Walkman box... is it a lineout cable?
Dec 30, 2009 at 12:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

ShootingStars

100+ Head-Fier
BoxContents1.jpg

Is the WM-port to headphone jack a lineout cable? (ON BOTTOM RIGHT)

Dec 30, 2009 at 12:50 AM Post #2 of 8
yes it is. If your car stereo uses a cable that plugs into your headphone jack to listen to your mp3 player....it will not work on the X. You have to use that lineout cable and plug it into an aux connection to get your X to work. Not sure what the reasoning for that is. I believe it's the only Walkman that you cannot connect using the headphone jack.

Dec 30, 2009 at 1:29 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by nonsupremous /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yes it is.

Do u own X1000?

Quote:

Originally Posted by nonsupremous /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If your car stereo uses a cable that plugs into your headphone jack to listen to your mp3 player....it will not work on the X.

That's BS. If u connect the headphone out from X1000 to any headphone in (speakers, car stereo, amp, dac, etc), it definitely work.

That particular cable included in the package is line-in cable, turning your X1000 into standalone noise-canceling device.

Jan 1, 2010 at 7:09 PM Post #5 of 8
The cable inputs singal from external source and plays it from your headphones. It's usefull for example in airplanes. You can connect the line-in cable to the airplane's plug, activate the X1000's noise-cancelling and listen to the noise-cancelled music coming from the airplane's system. Well designed thingy
ksc75smile.gif

Jan 1, 2010 at 10:29 PM Post #6 of 8
But since the NC headphones that came with the X have low impedance, when the PA turns on, wouldn't it blow your eardrums?
confused_face_2.gif

Jan 6, 2010 at 4:02 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do u own X1000?

That's BS. If u connect the headphone out from X1000 to any headphone in (speakers, car stereo, amp, dac, etc), it definitely work.

That particular cable included in the package is line-in cable, turning your X1000 into standalone noise-canceling device.

I use to own the X. It never worked with the headphone jack in my car. Not really sure why. The plug just never made the connection I guess.

My assumption was that the cable was similar to the cable that plugs in the bottom of an ipod. You get the sound straight from the source not through the headphone circuitry. Which if that's the case, the sound bill be cleaner than running the line out of the headphone jack. Not sure though. I never read the book to find out what the usage was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back