CABLE FOR JH16s
Aug 7, 2013 at 6:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

edyeded

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys,

So, I've bought the JH16s (waiting on them), I've bought the Fiio X3 (waiting on it) and now to gain the ultimate eargasm I'm considering a new cable. These are the companies that Ive come across:

1. Moon audio - Silver Dragon
2. HPL Audio (Chris_Himself) - Pure Silver, Hybrid, SPC
3. Toxic cables - Silver, SPC

I know that JH endorses the silver dragon but I just want to get peoples opinions on the matter. Price vs function, durability, customer service etc.

Aug 7, 2013 at 6:51 AM Post #2 of 8
Toxic if you don't mind the wait :) excellent service and quality (I make my own cables but use toxic cable)

Aug 7, 2013 at 7:18 AM Post #4 of 8
Flexible and for me in Europe its cheaper. I love the feel of the cable, and its easy to work with, and overall sounds fantastic. I use SPC for headphone cables usually as its a bit cheaper. And pure silver for interconnects

Aug 7, 2013 at 7:32 AM Post #5 of 8
Flexible and for me in Europe its cheaper. I love the feel of the cable, and its easy to work with, and overall sounds fantastic. I use SPC for headphone cables usually as its a bit cheaper. And pure silver for interconnects

Hpl audio have their pure silver cable for 200 USD and only 5 USD for postage. As far as I know they under declare the value of the cable so that customs is avoided.

The toxic looks a lot more expensive.

Would it make a difference what cable (silver or spc) I use?

Thanks

Aug 7, 2013 at 7:45 AM Post #6 of 8
There is a slight difference in silver and SPC, what would be even cheaper (£70 ish) would be silver for signal and copper for ground. Then you get the benefits of silver for signal :)

That's a good price for a silver cable you could look into it

Aug 7, 2013 at 7:56 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:
There is a slight difference in silver and SPC, what would be even cheaper (£70 ish) would be silver for signal and copper for ground. Then you get the benefits of silver for signal
smily_headphones1.gif

That's a good price for a silver cable you could look into it

I think the silver and copper option you were talking about is the "hybrid" from HPL Audio.

Its only $100 too. I might look into that. Im not sure if it would be better to switch the cables as soon as I get my JH16s or wait for a while so that I can tell the difference?

Anybody else have any cable experience? 

Aug 13, 2013 at 12:32 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:
Hpl audio have their pure silver cable for 200 USD and only 5 USD for postage. As far as I know they under declare the value of the cable so that customs is avoided.

The toxic looks a lot more expensive.

Would it make a difference what cable (silver or spc) I use?

Thanks

I would not publicly state that I underdeclare LOL, I know get into some trouble somewhere down the line..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back